How to get a built docker image within a codepipeline to the deploy step with blue/green-deployment Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) Data science time! April 2019 and salary with experience The Ask Question Wizard is Live!Docker image build as AWS CodePipeline stepAWS CodePipeline - Deploy to Elastic Beanstalk with existing Dockerrun.aws.jsonAWS-CodeDeploy internal error for lambda function deployment using AWS-CodepipelineElastic Beanstalk Blue Green Deployment Without Approval StepBlue/Green deployments with Auto Scaling Groups, CloudFormation and CodeDeployhow to stop aws codepipeline deploy stageHow to create a codepipeline to build jar file from java code stored at github and deploy it to lambda function?AWS CodePipeline - Insufficient permissions Unable to access the artifact errorCodePipeline: How to integrate ECR with Elastic Beanstalk?

lm and glm function in R

Why did Europeans not widely domesticate foxes?

Pointing to problems without suggesting solutions

Why did Israel vote against lifting the American embargo on Cuba?

Trying to enter the Fox's den

Why these surprising proportionalities of integrals involving odd zeta values?

Who can become a wight?

Like totally amazing interchangeable sister outfit accessory swapping or whatever

/bin/ls sorts differently than just ls

Why isn't everyone flabbergasted about Bran's "gift"?

Why does BitLocker not use RSA?

Can the van der Waals coefficients be negative in the van der Waals equation for real gases?

Can a Wizard take the Magic Initiate feat and select spells from the Wizard list?

xkeyval -- read keys from file

Why do people think Winterfell crypts is the safest place for women, children & old people?

Network Switch Upgrade Planning questions

Why are two-digit numbers in Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels" (1726) written in "German style"?

What helicopter has the most rotor blades?

What combination of kingdom cards makes for the fewest number of turns to end the game?

Lemmatization Vs Stemming

How to renew schengen visas

Who's this lady in the war room?

Etymology of 見舞い

Why doesn't the university give past final exams' answers?



How to get a built docker image within a codepipeline to the deploy step with blue/green-deployment



Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern)
Data science time! April 2019 and salary with experience
The Ask Question Wizard is Live!Docker image build as AWS CodePipeline stepAWS CodePipeline - Deploy to Elastic Beanstalk with existing Dockerrun.aws.jsonAWS-CodeDeploy internal error for lambda function deployment using AWS-CodepipelineElastic Beanstalk Blue Green Deployment Without Approval StepBlue/Green deployments with Auto Scaling Groups, CloudFormation and CodeDeployhow to stop aws codepipeline deploy stageHow to create a codepipeline to build jar file from java code stored at github and deploy it to lambda function?AWS CodePipeline - Insufficient permissions Unable to access the artifact errorCodePipeline: How to integrate ECR with Elastic Beanstalk?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








1















I've got a flow where I want a codepipeline to trigger on git commits on Github, go via some test and build steps and end in a codedeploy step where the code will be deployed on a ECS cluster with blue/green-deployment. But I'm stuck on the last step on how to get the image to the CodeDeploy-step.



The pipeline looks like this:



Source (GitHub) -> Test -> Build, creates a docker image which is uploaded to ECR. Artifact contains appspec.yaml, taskdefinition.json, imagedefinitions.json. -> Deploy (CodeDeployToECS), using artifact from the build step.



The last step in the pipeline is configured with the "CodeDeployToECS" provider. But what I cannot get my head around is how I get the image that is created in the build step to end up in the CodeDeploy step which is using blue/green-deployment.



I've checked out this guide: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/codepipeline/latest/userguide/tutorials-ecs-ecr-codedeploy.html but they are using a image from the source step as artifact in the CodeDeploy step which don't match my use case.



This guide is to deploy with ECS with a rolling update which creates, on the fly, a imagedefinitions.json that I'm trying to apply but won't work: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/ecs-cd-pipeline.html



With the above setup the Deploy step just tells me the image artifact is invalid. Any pointers if this is possible or any workaround?










share|improve this question




























    1















    I've got a flow where I want a codepipeline to trigger on git commits on Github, go via some test and build steps and end in a codedeploy step where the code will be deployed on a ECS cluster with blue/green-deployment. But I'm stuck on the last step on how to get the image to the CodeDeploy-step.



    The pipeline looks like this:



    Source (GitHub) -> Test -> Build, creates a docker image which is uploaded to ECR. Artifact contains appspec.yaml, taskdefinition.json, imagedefinitions.json. -> Deploy (CodeDeployToECS), using artifact from the build step.



    The last step in the pipeline is configured with the "CodeDeployToECS" provider. But what I cannot get my head around is how I get the image that is created in the build step to end up in the CodeDeploy step which is using blue/green-deployment.



    I've checked out this guide: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/codepipeline/latest/userguide/tutorials-ecs-ecr-codedeploy.html but they are using a image from the source step as artifact in the CodeDeploy step which don't match my use case.



    This guide is to deploy with ECS with a rolling update which creates, on the fly, a imagedefinitions.json that I'm trying to apply but won't work: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/ecs-cd-pipeline.html



    With the above setup the Deploy step just tells me the image artifact is invalid. Any pointers if this is possible or any workaround?










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1


      0






      I've got a flow where I want a codepipeline to trigger on git commits on Github, go via some test and build steps and end in a codedeploy step where the code will be deployed on a ECS cluster with blue/green-deployment. But I'm stuck on the last step on how to get the image to the CodeDeploy-step.



      The pipeline looks like this:



      Source (GitHub) -> Test -> Build, creates a docker image which is uploaded to ECR. Artifact contains appspec.yaml, taskdefinition.json, imagedefinitions.json. -> Deploy (CodeDeployToECS), using artifact from the build step.



      The last step in the pipeline is configured with the "CodeDeployToECS" provider. But what I cannot get my head around is how I get the image that is created in the build step to end up in the CodeDeploy step which is using blue/green-deployment.



      I've checked out this guide: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/codepipeline/latest/userguide/tutorials-ecs-ecr-codedeploy.html but they are using a image from the source step as artifact in the CodeDeploy step which don't match my use case.



      This guide is to deploy with ECS with a rolling update which creates, on the fly, a imagedefinitions.json that I'm trying to apply but won't work: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/ecs-cd-pipeline.html



      With the above setup the Deploy step just tells me the image artifact is invalid. Any pointers if this is possible or any workaround?










      share|improve this question














      I've got a flow where I want a codepipeline to trigger on git commits on Github, go via some test and build steps and end in a codedeploy step where the code will be deployed on a ECS cluster with blue/green-deployment. But I'm stuck on the last step on how to get the image to the CodeDeploy-step.



      The pipeline looks like this:



      Source (GitHub) -> Test -> Build, creates a docker image which is uploaded to ECR. Artifact contains appspec.yaml, taskdefinition.json, imagedefinitions.json. -> Deploy (CodeDeployToECS), using artifact from the build step.



      The last step in the pipeline is configured with the "CodeDeployToECS" provider. But what I cannot get my head around is how I get the image that is created in the build step to end up in the CodeDeploy step which is using blue/green-deployment.



      I've checked out this guide: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/codepipeline/latest/userguide/tutorials-ecs-ecr-codedeploy.html but they are using a image from the source step as artifact in the CodeDeploy step which don't match my use case.



      This guide is to deploy with ECS with a rolling update which creates, on the fly, a imagedefinitions.json that I'm trying to apply but won't work: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonECS/latest/developerguide/ecs-cd-pipeline.html



      With the above setup the Deploy step just tells me the image artifact is invalid. Any pointers if this is possible or any workaround?







      amazon-web-services aws-code-deploy aws-codepipeline






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 22 at 14:00









      r0stigr0stig

      5316




      5316






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          I found the answer, to create a image artifact you need to generate the file imageDetail.json which is a JSON object with one property named ImageURI with the URI to the image. I followed this thread to get to this fact: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=881131






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55301284%2fhow-to-get-a-built-docker-image-within-a-codepipeline-to-the-deploy-step-with-bl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            I found the answer, to create a image artifact you need to generate the file imageDetail.json which is a JSON object with one property named ImageURI with the URI to the image. I followed this thread to get to this fact: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=881131






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              I found the answer, to create a image artifact you need to generate the file imageDetail.json which is a JSON object with one property named ImageURI with the URI to the image. I followed this thread to get to this fact: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=881131






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                I found the answer, to create a image artifact you need to generate the file imageDetail.json which is a JSON object with one property named ImageURI with the URI to the image. I followed this thread to get to this fact: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=881131






                share|improve this answer













                I found the answer, to create a image artifact you need to generate the file imageDetail.json which is a JSON object with one property named ImageURI with the URI to the image. I followed this thread to get to this fact: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=881131







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 25 at 13:37









                r0stigr0stig

                5316




                5316





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55301284%2fhow-to-get-a-built-docker-image-within-a-codepipeline-to-the-deploy-step-with-bl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Obelisk of Theodosius Contents History Description Notes Bibliography Further reading External links Navigation menuAge of spirituality : late antique and early Christian art, third to seventh centuryOver 60 picturesObelisks of the World41°00′21.24″N 28°58′31.43″E / 41.0059000°N 28.9753972°E / 41.0059000; 28.97539727724550-7235741376235741376

                    밀양 대씨 역사 각주 함께 보기 둘러보기 메뉴밀양 대씨

                    1973년 목차 사건 문화 탄생 사망 노벨상 달력 둘러보기 메뉴