Redshift query not returning certain columnsVery bad performance of UNION select query in RedShift / ParAccelData value “0” has invalid format error in redshiftTable scan on Redshift table even with sort keysRedshift time-series table loading questionsAWS Redshift Query Plan WarningRedshift cluster bigger because of running queryDifficulty in constructing SQL query for RedshiftWeird error returned by date_trunc() in RedshiftQuerying data from redshift table, column of data type timestampRedshift window function for change in column

Passwordless authentication - how invalidate login code

Are "confidant" and "confident" homophones?

How to factor a fourth degree polynomial

Does the Milky Way orbit around anything?

Groups where no elements commute except for the trivial cases

Does the sensor of a dslr count the number of photons that hits it?

How did the IEC decide to create kibibytes?

Implicit conversion between decimals with different precisions

What purpose does mercury dichloride have in fireworks?

Is this car delivery via Ebay Motors on Craigslist a scam?

Why do Martians have to wear space helmets?

Why do most airliners have underwing engines, while business jets have rear-mounted engines?

When moving a unique_ptr into a lambda, why is it not possible to call reset?

Why do we need a bootloader separate from our application program in microcontrollers?

What is this airplane with small wings at different angles seen at Paphos Airport?

What's the difference between a type and a kind?

I'm feeling like my character doesn't fit the campaign

Possibility to correct pitch from digital versions of records with the hole not centered

Is reasonable to assume that the 食 in 月食/日食 can be interpreted as the sun/moon being "eaten" during an eclipse?

Gory anime with pink haired girl escaping an asylum

What is the shape of the upper boundary of water hitting a screen?

How to reclaim personal item I've lent to the office without burning bridges?

Taking my Ph.D. advisor out for dinner after graduation

Who goes first? Person disembarking bus or the bicycle?



Redshift query not returning certain columns


Very bad performance of UNION select query in RedShift / ParAccelData value “0” has invalid format error in redshiftTable scan on Redshift table even with sort keysRedshift time-series table loading questionsAWS Redshift Query Plan WarningRedshift cluster bigger because of running queryDifficulty in constructing SQL query for RedshiftWeird error returned by date_trunc() in RedshiftQuerying data from redshift table, column of data type timestampRedshift window function for change in column






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















I have encountered a strange error on on of our tables ("nav") with the following structure:



position | character varying(400)
timestamp | timestamp without time zone


If I run the following query, I get back, as expected, all matching results for the 2 columns:



SELECT * FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


However, if I run the following query, I get back the same number of results, but each field/row is empty:



SELECT position FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


I run the same query on similar tables and experience no issues. Any ideas as to what may be causing the second to return blanks in the rows please?










share|improve this question
























  • Can you share sample data, and both outputs

    – mdem7
    Mar 25 at 16:10











  • This sounds to me like an issue with the tool you're using to query Redshift rather than an issue with Redshift itself. What tool are you using?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 25 at 19:04











  • @NathanGriffiths I am using psql

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 3:14






  • 1





    I'm not able to replicate this using Aginity Workbench for Redshift, the above queries always return values (although I have no idea what your data looks like). Possibly this is an artifact of using psql with Redshift, I'm not sure. What happens if you run the following: select "position" from nav ?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 26 at 6:55











  • Thanks @NathanGriffiths I tried it but same result unfortunately. Strange thing is we have another table that is very similar - same field types, names and values and for it the queries all run fine. It is just this one table.

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 8:51

















0















I have encountered a strange error on on of our tables ("nav") with the following structure:



position | character varying(400)
timestamp | timestamp without time zone


If I run the following query, I get back, as expected, all matching results for the 2 columns:



SELECT * FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


However, if I run the following query, I get back the same number of results, but each field/row is empty:



SELECT position FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


I run the same query on similar tables and experience no issues. Any ideas as to what may be causing the second to return blanks in the rows please?










share|improve this question
























  • Can you share sample data, and both outputs

    – mdem7
    Mar 25 at 16:10











  • This sounds to me like an issue with the tool you're using to query Redshift rather than an issue with Redshift itself. What tool are you using?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 25 at 19:04











  • @NathanGriffiths I am using psql

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 3:14






  • 1





    I'm not able to replicate this using Aginity Workbench for Redshift, the above queries always return values (although I have no idea what your data looks like). Possibly this is an artifact of using psql with Redshift, I'm not sure. What happens if you run the following: select "position" from nav ?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 26 at 6:55











  • Thanks @NathanGriffiths I tried it but same result unfortunately. Strange thing is we have another table that is very similar - same field types, names and values and for it the queries all run fine. It is just this one table.

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 8:51













0












0








0








I have encountered a strange error on on of our tables ("nav") with the following structure:



position | character varying(400)
timestamp | timestamp without time zone


If I run the following query, I get back, as expected, all matching results for the 2 columns:



SELECT * FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


However, if I run the following query, I get back the same number of results, but each field/row is empty:



SELECT position FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


I run the same query on similar tables and experience no issues. Any ideas as to what may be causing the second to return blanks in the rows please?










share|improve this question
















I have encountered a strange error on on of our tables ("nav") with the following structure:



position | character varying(400)
timestamp | timestamp without time zone


If I run the following query, I get back, as expected, all matching results for the 2 columns:



SELECT * FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


However, if I run the following query, I get back the same number of results, but each field/row is empty:



SELECT position FROM nav WHERE timestamp >= '2019-03-24' AND timestamp < '2019-03-25';


I run the same query on similar tables and experience no issues. Any ideas as to what may be causing the second to return blanks in the rows please?







amazon-web-services amazon-redshift






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 25 at 20:52









John Rotenstein

88.2k8 gold badges101 silver badges151 bronze badges




88.2k8 gold badges101 silver badges151 bronze badges










asked Mar 25 at 15:50









RunLoopRunLoop

10k20 gold badges81 silver badges134 bronze badges




10k20 gold badges81 silver badges134 bronze badges












  • Can you share sample data, and both outputs

    – mdem7
    Mar 25 at 16:10











  • This sounds to me like an issue with the tool you're using to query Redshift rather than an issue with Redshift itself. What tool are you using?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 25 at 19:04











  • @NathanGriffiths I am using psql

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 3:14






  • 1





    I'm not able to replicate this using Aginity Workbench for Redshift, the above queries always return values (although I have no idea what your data looks like). Possibly this is an artifact of using psql with Redshift, I'm not sure. What happens if you run the following: select "position" from nav ?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 26 at 6:55











  • Thanks @NathanGriffiths I tried it but same result unfortunately. Strange thing is we have another table that is very similar - same field types, names and values and for it the queries all run fine. It is just this one table.

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 8:51

















  • Can you share sample data, and both outputs

    – mdem7
    Mar 25 at 16:10











  • This sounds to me like an issue with the tool you're using to query Redshift rather than an issue with Redshift itself. What tool are you using?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 25 at 19:04











  • @NathanGriffiths I am using psql

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 3:14






  • 1





    I'm not able to replicate this using Aginity Workbench for Redshift, the above queries always return values (although I have no idea what your data looks like). Possibly this is an artifact of using psql with Redshift, I'm not sure. What happens if you run the following: select "position" from nav ?

    – Nathan Griffiths
    Mar 26 at 6:55











  • Thanks @NathanGriffiths I tried it but same result unfortunately. Strange thing is we have another table that is very similar - same field types, names and values and for it the queries all run fine. It is just this one table.

    – RunLoop
    Mar 26 at 8:51
















Can you share sample data, and both outputs

– mdem7
Mar 25 at 16:10





Can you share sample data, and both outputs

– mdem7
Mar 25 at 16:10













This sounds to me like an issue with the tool you're using to query Redshift rather than an issue with Redshift itself. What tool are you using?

– Nathan Griffiths
Mar 25 at 19:04





This sounds to me like an issue with the tool you're using to query Redshift rather than an issue with Redshift itself. What tool are you using?

– Nathan Griffiths
Mar 25 at 19:04













@NathanGriffiths I am using psql

– RunLoop
Mar 26 at 3:14





@NathanGriffiths I am using psql

– RunLoop
Mar 26 at 3:14




1




1





I'm not able to replicate this using Aginity Workbench for Redshift, the above queries always return values (although I have no idea what your data looks like). Possibly this is an artifact of using psql with Redshift, I'm not sure. What happens if you run the following: select "position" from nav ?

– Nathan Griffiths
Mar 26 at 6:55





I'm not able to replicate this using Aginity Workbench for Redshift, the above queries always return values (although I have no idea what your data looks like). Possibly this is an artifact of using psql with Redshift, I'm not sure. What happens if you run the following: select "position" from nav ?

– Nathan Griffiths
Mar 26 at 6:55













Thanks @NathanGriffiths I tried it but same result unfortunately. Strange thing is we have another table that is very similar - same field types, names and values and for it the queries all run fine. It is just this one table.

– RunLoop
Mar 26 at 8:51





Thanks @NathanGriffiths I tried it but same result unfortunately. Strange thing is we have another table that is very similar - same field types, names and values and for it the queries all run fine. It is just this one table.

– RunLoop
Mar 26 at 8:51












0






active

oldest

votes










Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55341651%2fredshift-query-not-returning-certain-columns%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes




Is this question similar to what you get asked at work? Learn more about asking and sharing private information with your coworkers using Stack Overflow for Teams.







Is this question similar to what you get asked at work? Learn more about asking and sharing private information with your coworkers using Stack Overflow for Teams.



















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55341651%2fredshift-query-not-returning-certain-columns%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?