Excel 2016 - Hidden application unhides if another workbook cosesUnhiding very hidden sheet Excel VBAExcel 2013 - issue when closing multiple workbooks if one workbook is hiddenWhen any workbook is added or closed to the active workbook the Visibilty status of the application is effectedHidden Excel Application gets visible when user opens new workbooksUnhiding Excel 2013 Windows when all Windows are hidden with VBAHide Excel Application with specific conditionsTrying to copy data from a closed workbook to a current workbookHow do you open a vbmodeless userform through a hyperlink?Excel VBA hyperlink to unhide hidden and very hidden sheetsSaveChanges Prompt Box in Excel VBA

Should I prioritize my 401(k) over my student loans?

Why is the high-pass filter result in a discrete wavelet transform (DWT) downsampled?

Is adding a new player (or players) a DM decision, or a group decision?

Can White Castle?

Find the probability that the 8th woman to appear is in 17th position.

Does this Wild Magic result affect the sorcerer or just other creatures?

Is it possible writing coservation of relativistic energy in this naive way?

What is the mechanical difference between the Spectator's Create Food and Water action and the Banshee's Undead Nature Trait?

Why is C++ initial allocation so much larger than C's?

The Target Principal Name Is Incorrect. Cannot Generate SSPI Context (SQL or AD Issue)?

Computing a trigonometric integral

Is there a maximum distance from a planet that a moon can orbit?

“D’entre eux” to mean “of them”

Hot coffee brewing solutions for deep woods camping

Inverse-quotes-quine

How to split an equation in two lines?

Would it be a copyright violation if I made a character’s full name refer to a song?

Is there a way to split the metadata to custom folders?

How do I set an alias to a terminal line?

Cascading Repair Costs following Blown Head Gasket on a 2004 Subaru Outback

STM Microcontroller burns every time

Swapping rooks in a 4x4 board

How do I turn off a repeating trade?

Can the negators "jamais, rien, personne, plus, ni, aucun" be used in a single sentence?



Excel 2016 - Hidden application unhides if another workbook coses


Unhiding very hidden sheet Excel VBAExcel 2013 - issue when closing multiple workbooks if one workbook is hiddenWhen any workbook is added or closed to the active workbook the Visibilty status of the application is effectedHidden Excel Application gets visible when user opens new workbooksUnhiding Excel 2013 Windows when all Windows are hidden with VBAHide Excel Application with specific conditionsTrying to copy data from a closed workbook to a current workbookHow do you open a vbmodeless userform through a hyperlink?Excel VBA hyperlink to unhide hidden and very hidden sheetsSaveChanges Prompt Box in Excel VBA






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















As of recently we upgraded Excel to 2016. Issue was not present in earlier versions.



I am working with a hidden Excel application (show's only userform) and in that application I'm using a separate workbook to load data. Once I close data loader workbook, my main application becomes visible. Code to recreate this behavior:



Sub Test()
Dim currentWorkbook As Workbook
Dim newWorkbook As Workbook

Set currentWorkbook = ThisWorkbook
currentWorkbook.Application.Visible = False

Set newWorkbook = currentWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add 'Same with Workbooks.Open
newWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
End Sub


After this code is run, current workbook window becomes visible. After I make whole application visible using Immediate window, a new blank (gray) Excel screen appears. While I was testing my code, I ran it around 20 times and when forcefully unhiding whole application, that many blank Excel windows were shown.



I'm worried, that if I just run Application.Hide every time workbook is closed, explorer is going to clog up from all blank Excel windows and may cause performance issues.



Question: how can I avoid leftover Excel blank windows when closing workbooks within same application and keep my original workbook hidden?



Thank you.










share|improve this question




























    0















    As of recently we upgraded Excel to 2016. Issue was not present in earlier versions.



    I am working with a hidden Excel application (show's only userform) and in that application I'm using a separate workbook to load data. Once I close data loader workbook, my main application becomes visible. Code to recreate this behavior:



    Sub Test()
    Dim currentWorkbook As Workbook
    Dim newWorkbook As Workbook

    Set currentWorkbook = ThisWorkbook
    currentWorkbook.Application.Visible = False

    Set newWorkbook = currentWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add 'Same with Workbooks.Open
    newWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
    End Sub


    After this code is run, current workbook window becomes visible. After I make whole application visible using Immediate window, a new blank (gray) Excel screen appears. While I was testing my code, I ran it around 20 times and when forcefully unhiding whole application, that many blank Excel windows were shown.



    I'm worried, that if I just run Application.Hide every time workbook is closed, explorer is going to clog up from all blank Excel windows and may cause performance issues.



    Question: how can I avoid leftover Excel blank windows when closing workbooks within same application and keep my original workbook hidden?



    Thank you.










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      As of recently we upgraded Excel to 2016. Issue was not present in earlier versions.



      I am working with a hidden Excel application (show's only userform) and in that application I'm using a separate workbook to load data. Once I close data loader workbook, my main application becomes visible. Code to recreate this behavior:



      Sub Test()
      Dim currentWorkbook As Workbook
      Dim newWorkbook As Workbook

      Set currentWorkbook = ThisWorkbook
      currentWorkbook.Application.Visible = False

      Set newWorkbook = currentWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add 'Same with Workbooks.Open
      newWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
      End Sub


      After this code is run, current workbook window becomes visible. After I make whole application visible using Immediate window, a new blank (gray) Excel screen appears. While I was testing my code, I ran it around 20 times and when forcefully unhiding whole application, that many blank Excel windows were shown.



      I'm worried, that if I just run Application.Hide every time workbook is closed, explorer is going to clog up from all blank Excel windows and may cause performance issues.



      Question: how can I avoid leftover Excel blank windows when closing workbooks within same application and keep my original workbook hidden?



      Thank you.










      share|improve this question














      As of recently we upgraded Excel to 2016. Issue was not present in earlier versions.



      I am working with a hidden Excel application (show's only userform) and in that application I'm using a separate workbook to load data. Once I close data loader workbook, my main application becomes visible. Code to recreate this behavior:



      Sub Test()
      Dim currentWorkbook As Workbook
      Dim newWorkbook As Workbook

      Set currentWorkbook = ThisWorkbook
      currentWorkbook.Application.Visible = False

      Set newWorkbook = currentWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add 'Same with Workbooks.Open
      newWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False
      End Sub


      After this code is run, current workbook window becomes visible. After I make whole application visible using Immediate window, a new blank (gray) Excel screen appears. While I was testing my code, I ran it around 20 times and when forcefully unhiding whole application, that many blank Excel windows were shown.



      I'm worried, that if I just run Application.Hide every time workbook is closed, explorer is going to clog up from all blank Excel windows and may cause performance issues.



      Question: how can I avoid leftover Excel blank windows when closing workbooks within same application and keep my original workbook hidden?



      Thank you.







      excel vba






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 25 at 9:40









      Marius KatinasMarius Katinas

      3421 gold badge4 silver badges12 bronze badges




      3421 gold badge4 silver badges12 bronze badges






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes














          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55334906%2fexcel-2016-hidden-application-unhides-if-another-workbook-coses%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55334906%2fexcel-2016-hidden-application-unhides-if-another-workbook-coses%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

          155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

          Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?