How to send bulk output at once using AWS SNS in python scriptTerminating a Python scriptHow do I copy a file in Python?How can I safely create a nested directory?How do I parse a string to a float or int?How to get the current time in PythonHow can I make a time delay in Python?How can you profile a Python script?How do I get the number of elements in a list?How do I concatenate two lists in Python?How do I lowercase a string in Python?

What is the mechanical difference between the Spectator's Create Food and Water action and the Banshee's Undead Nature Trait?

Should I prioritize my 401(k) over my student loans?

What's currently blocking the construction of the wall between Mexico and the US?

Why is the voltage measurement of this circuit different when the switch is on?

First-year PhD giving a talk among well-established researchers in the field

Fill NAs in R with zero if the next valid data point is more than 2 intervals away

Is it possible writing coservation of relativistic energy in this naive way?

Trainee keeps missing deadlines for independent learning

Did Karl Marx ever use any example that involved cotton and dollars to illustrate the way capital and surplus value were generated?

How do I set an alias to a terminal line?

Impossible darts scores

Is there a maximum distance from a planet that a moon can orbit?

What is the legal status of travelling with methadone in your carry-on?

Interaction between Leyline of Anticipation and Teferi, Time Raveler

How does a blind passenger not die, if driver becomes unconscious

Long term BTC investing

Is my Rep in Stack-Exchange Form?

Sci fi short story, robot city that nags people about health

Why do all the teams that I have worked with always finish a sprint without completion of all the stories?

How to make clear to people I don't want to answer their "Where are you from?" question?

Can any NP-Complete Problem be solved using at most polynomial space (but while using exponential time?)

Hot coffee brewing solutions for deep woods camping

Would it be a copyright violation if I made a character’s full name refer to a song?

How was Hillel permitted to go to the skylight to hear the shiur



How to send bulk output at once using AWS SNS in python script


Terminating a Python scriptHow do I copy a file in Python?How can I safely create a nested directory?How do I parse a string to a float or int?How to get the current time in PythonHow can I make a time delay in Python?How can you profile a Python script?How do I get the number of elements in a list?How do I concatenate two lists in Python?How do I lowercase a string in Python?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















I have copied a code from google, which is to get the access keys age from AWS ,which works with lambda and send the users list who exceeded the access keys more than 90 days and the script will send us the mail through SNS. But in the script when it is printing and sending the output it is not sending the whole users list at once in one mail instead it is sending mail for each and every user whose access key age exceeded.
Note : I am very very bad in python scripting, I am basic learner.



My requirement is when the lambda function runs the script has to send the list of users through SNS whose access keys got exceeded more than 90 days in one mail instead for each user.



This is for aws access key aging and I have tried implementing it in and it worked but I need proper output



import boto3, json, time, datetime, sys



client = boto3.client('iam')
sns = boto3.client('sns')



usernames = []



def lambda_handler(event, context):



users = client.list_users()
for key in users['Users']:
a = str(key['UserName'])
usernames.append(a)

for username in usernames:

try:
res = client.list_access_keys(UserName=username)
accesskeydate = res['AccessKeyMetadata'][0]['CreateDate']
accesskeydate = accesskeydate.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
currentdate = time.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S", time.gmtime())

accesskeyd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(accesskeydate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())
currentd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(currentdate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())

active_days = (currentd - accesskeyd) / 60 / 60 / 24 ### We get the data in seconds. converting it to days

if 90 < active_days:
a = str(username) + ' has access keys that are ' + str(int(active_days)) + ' days old! '
print(a)
a.append(e)


except:
e = str(username) + (' does not have an accesskey assigned ')
f = str('')

finallist = ''.join(str(a))
finallist = finallist.replace('"', '').replace("'", '').replace(",", '')
sns_message = (finallist)
topic_arn = ' ' # replace with your ARN

response = sns.publish(TopicArn=topic_arn, Message=sns_message)


I expect the output in one mail instead of sending each and every user details in multiple mails.










share|improve this question






















  • Is there any way I can get the entire output of this script to mail using aws sns?

    – pradeepasuri
    Mar 26 at 4:04

















0















I have copied a code from google, which is to get the access keys age from AWS ,which works with lambda and send the users list who exceeded the access keys more than 90 days and the script will send us the mail through SNS. But in the script when it is printing and sending the output it is not sending the whole users list at once in one mail instead it is sending mail for each and every user whose access key age exceeded.
Note : I am very very bad in python scripting, I am basic learner.



My requirement is when the lambda function runs the script has to send the list of users through SNS whose access keys got exceeded more than 90 days in one mail instead for each user.



This is for aws access key aging and I have tried implementing it in and it worked but I need proper output



import boto3, json, time, datetime, sys



client = boto3.client('iam')
sns = boto3.client('sns')



usernames = []



def lambda_handler(event, context):



users = client.list_users()
for key in users['Users']:
a = str(key['UserName'])
usernames.append(a)

for username in usernames:

try:
res = client.list_access_keys(UserName=username)
accesskeydate = res['AccessKeyMetadata'][0]['CreateDate']
accesskeydate = accesskeydate.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
currentdate = time.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S", time.gmtime())

accesskeyd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(accesskeydate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())
currentd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(currentdate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())

active_days = (currentd - accesskeyd) / 60 / 60 / 24 ### We get the data in seconds. converting it to days

if 90 < active_days:
a = str(username) + ' has access keys that are ' + str(int(active_days)) + ' days old! '
print(a)
a.append(e)


except:
e = str(username) + (' does not have an accesskey assigned ')
f = str('')

finallist = ''.join(str(a))
finallist = finallist.replace('"', '').replace("'", '').replace(",", '')
sns_message = (finallist)
topic_arn = ' ' # replace with your ARN

response = sns.publish(TopicArn=topic_arn, Message=sns_message)


I expect the output in one mail instead of sending each and every user details in multiple mails.










share|improve this question






















  • Is there any way I can get the entire output of this script to mail using aws sns?

    – pradeepasuri
    Mar 26 at 4:04













0












0








0








I have copied a code from google, which is to get the access keys age from AWS ,which works with lambda and send the users list who exceeded the access keys more than 90 days and the script will send us the mail through SNS. But in the script when it is printing and sending the output it is not sending the whole users list at once in one mail instead it is sending mail for each and every user whose access key age exceeded.
Note : I am very very bad in python scripting, I am basic learner.



My requirement is when the lambda function runs the script has to send the list of users through SNS whose access keys got exceeded more than 90 days in one mail instead for each user.



This is for aws access key aging and I have tried implementing it in and it worked but I need proper output



import boto3, json, time, datetime, sys



client = boto3.client('iam')
sns = boto3.client('sns')



usernames = []



def lambda_handler(event, context):



users = client.list_users()
for key in users['Users']:
a = str(key['UserName'])
usernames.append(a)

for username in usernames:

try:
res = client.list_access_keys(UserName=username)
accesskeydate = res['AccessKeyMetadata'][0]['CreateDate']
accesskeydate = accesskeydate.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
currentdate = time.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S", time.gmtime())

accesskeyd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(accesskeydate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())
currentd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(currentdate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())

active_days = (currentd - accesskeyd) / 60 / 60 / 24 ### We get the data in seconds. converting it to days

if 90 < active_days:
a = str(username) + ' has access keys that are ' + str(int(active_days)) + ' days old! '
print(a)
a.append(e)


except:
e = str(username) + (' does not have an accesskey assigned ')
f = str('')

finallist = ''.join(str(a))
finallist = finallist.replace('"', '').replace("'", '').replace(",", '')
sns_message = (finallist)
topic_arn = ' ' # replace with your ARN

response = sns.publish(TopicArn=topic_arn, Message=sns_message)


I expect the output in one mail instead of sending each and every user details in multiple mails.










share|improve this question














I have copied a code from google, which is to get the access keys age from AWS ,which works with lambda and send the users list who exceeded the access keys more than 90 days and the script will send us the mail through SNS. But in the script when it is printing and sending the output it is not sending the whole users list at once in one mail instead it is sending mail for each and every user whose access key age exceeded.
Note : I am very very bad in python scripting, I am basic learner.



My requirement is when the lambda function runs the script has to send the list of users through SNS whose access keys got exceeded more than 90 days in one mail instead for each user.



This is for aws access key aging and I have tried implementing it in and it worked but I need proper output



import boto3, json, time, datetime, sys



client = boto3.client('iam')
sns = boto3.client('sns')



usernames = []



def lambda_handler(event, context):



users = client.list_users()
for key in users['Users']:
a = str(key['UserName'])
usernames.append(a)

for username in usernames:

try:
res = client.list_access_keys(UserName=username)
accesskeydate = res['AccessKeyMetadata'][0]['CreateDate']
accesskeydate = accesskeydate.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
currentdate = time.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S", time.gmtime())

accesskeyd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(accesskeydate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())
currentd = time.mktime(datetime.datetime.strptime(currentdate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").timetuple())

active_days = (currentd - accesskeyd) / 60 / 60 / 24 ### We get the data in seconds. converting it to days

if 90 < active_days:
a = str(username) + ' has access keys that are ' + str(int(active_days)) + ' days old! '
print(a)
a.append(e)


except:
e = str(username) + (' does not have an accesskey assigned ')
f = str('')

finallist = ''.join(str(a))
finallist = finallist.replace('"', '').replace("'", '').replace(",", '')
sns_message = (finallist)
topic_arn = ' ' # replace with your ARN

response = sns.publish(TopicArn=topic_arn, Message=sns_message)


I expect the output in one mail instead of sending each and every user details in multiple mails.







python amazon-web-services






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 25 at 9:40









pradeepasuripradeepasuri

14 bronze badges




14 bronze badges












  • Is there any way I can get the entire output of this script to mail using aws sns?

    – pradeepasuri
    Mar 26 at 4:04

















  • Is there any way I can get the entire output of this script to mail using aws sns?

    – pradeepasuri
    Mar 26 at 4:04
















Is there any way I can get the entire output of this script to mail using aws sns?

– pradeepasuri
Mar 26 at 4:04





Is there any way I can get the entire output of this script to mail using aws sns?

– pradeepasuri
Mar 26 at 4:04












0






active

oldest

votes














Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55334920%2fhow-to-send-bulk-output-at-once-using-aws-sns-in-python-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55334920%2fhow-to-send-bulk-output-at-once-using-aws-sns-in-python-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?