How to index a field with alphanumeric characters AND a dash for wildcard searchUse wildcard with different analyzer than the standard one in Azure SearchHow to practially use a keywordanalyzer in azure-search?Azure Search API does not find indexed document despite correct queryAzure-search: How to get documents which exactly contain search termCan I “Exact Search” for targeted field(s) and Search across other fields as well?How do I search within a word within a searchable field? “Contains” searchAzure Search .NET SDK Custom AnalyzerAzure search - keyword analyzerazure search - filter key value pair concatenated by double pipesHow to write “Ends With” regex in Azure SearchHow to customize tokenization of numbers by the en.microsoft analyzer?

Diagram with cylinder shapes and rectangles

Intern not wearing safety equipment; how could I have handled this differently?

I'm feeling like my character doesn't fit the campaign

Array or vector? Two dimensional array or matrix?

What exactly is a "murder hobo"?

Is this car delivery via Ebay Motors on Craigslist a scam?

Where are the Wazirs?

3-way switches no longer serving their purpose

How can I use my cell phone's light as a reading light?

What is the meaning of "prairie-dog" in this sentence?

Why do airports remove/realign runways?

Is conquering your neighbors to fight a greater enemy a valid strategy?

Why is a mixture of two normally distributed variables only bimodal if their means differ by at least two times the common standard deviation?

Is it ok for parents to kiss and romance with each other while their 2- to 8-year-old child watches?

Users forgotting to regenerate PDF before sending it

Possibility to correct pitch from digital versions of records with the hole not centered

How do I explain that I don't want to maintain old projects?

As a supervisor, what feedback would you expect from a PhD who quits?

Can we share mixing jug/beaker for developer, fixer and stop bath?

How do ballistic trajectories work in a ring world?

Why did Robert F. Kennedy loathe Lyndon B. Johnson?

Who goes first? Person disembarking bus or the bicycle?

How can I review my manager, who is fine?

Why am I getting unevenly-spread results when using $RANDOM?



How to index a field with alphanumeric characters AND a dash for wildcard search


Use wildcard with different analyzer than the standard one in Azure SearchHow to practially use a keywordanalyzer in azure-search?Azure Search API does not find indexed document despite correct queryAzure-search: How to get documents which exactly contain search termCan I “Exact Search” for targeted field(s) and Search across other fields as well?How do I search within a word within a searchable field? “Contains” searchAzure Search .NET SDK Custom AnalyzerAzure search - keyword analyzerazure search - filter key value pair concatenated by double pipesHow to write “Ends With” regex in Azure SearchHow to customize tokenization of numbers by the en.microsoft analyzer?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















Given a model that looks like this:




[Key]
public string Id get; set;

[IsSearchable]
[Analyzer(AnalyzerName.AsString.Keyword)]
public string AccountId get; set;



And sample data for the AccountId that would look like this:



1-ABC123
1-333444555
1-A4KK498


The field can have any combination of letters/digits and a dash in the middle.



I need to be able to search on this field using queries like 1-ABC*. However, none of the basic analyzers seem to support the dash except Keyword, which isn't picking up any wildcard queries, only fully matching. I've seen some other articles about custom analyzers, but I can't get enough information about how to build it to solve this issue.



I need to know if I have to build a customer analyzer for this field, and do I need a different search analyzer and index analyzer?



I'm using StandardLucene for other alphanumeric fields without dashes, and I have another field with dashes but it's all digits, and Keyword works just fine there. It seems the issue is with a mix of letters AND digits.










share|improve this question




























    0















    Given a model that looks like this:




    [Key]
    public string Id get; set;

    [IsSearchable]
    [Analyzer(AnalyzerName.AsString.Keyword)]
    public string AccountId get; set;



    And sample data for the AccountId that would look like this:



    1-ABC123
    1-333444555
    1-A4KK498


    The field can have any combination of letters/digits and a dash in the middle.



    I need to be able to search on this field using queries like 1-ABC*. However, none of the basic analyzers seem to support the dash except Keyword, which isn't picking up any wildcard queries, only fully matching. I've seen some other articles about custom analyzers, but I can't get enough information about how to build it to solve this issue.



    I need to know if I have to build a customer analyzer for this field, and do I need a different search analyzer and index analyzer?



    I'm using StandardLucene for other alphanumeric fields without dashes, and I have another field with dashes but it's all digits, and Keyword works just fine there. It seems the issue is with a mix of letters AND digits.










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      Given a model that looks like this:




      [Key]
      public string Id get; set;

      [IsSearchable]
      [Analyzer(AnalyzerName.AsString.Keyword)]
      public string AccountId get; set;



      And sample data for the AccountId that would look like this:



      1-ABC123
      1-333444555
      1-A4KK498


      The field can have any combination of letters/digits and a dash in the middle.



      I need to be able to search on this field using queries like 1-ABC*. However, none of the basic analyzers seem to support the dash except Keyword, which isn't picking up any wildcard queries, only fully matching. I've seen some other articles about custom analyzers, but I can't get enough information about how to build it to solve this issue.



      I need to know if I have to build a customer analyzer for this field, and do I need a different search analyzer and index analyzer?



      I'm using StandardLucene for other alphanumeric fields without dashes, and I have another field with dashes but it's all digits, and Keyword works just fine there. It seems the issue is with a mix of letters AND digits.










      share|improve this question














      Given a model that looks like this:




      [Key]
      public string Id get; set;

      [IsSearchable]
      [Analyzer(AnalyzerName.AsString.Keyword)]
      public string AccountId get; set;



      And sample data for the AccountId that would look like this:



      1-ABC123
      1-333444555
      1-A4KK498


      The field can have any combination of letters/digits and a dash in the middle.



      I need to be able to search on this field using queries like 1-ABC*. However, none of the basic analyzers seem to support the dash except Keyword, which isn't picking up any wildcard queries, only fully matching. I've seen some other articles about custom analyzers, but I can't get enough information about how to build it to solve this issue.



      I need to know if I have to build a customer analyzer for this field, and do I need a different search analyzer and index analyzer?



      I'm using StandardLucene for other alphanumeric fields without dashes, and I have another field with dashes but it's all digits, and Keyword works just fine there. It seems the issue is with a mix of letters AND digits.







      azure-search azure-search-.net-sdk






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 25 at 21:40









      Steven CreaneySteven Creaney

      257 bronze badges




      257 bronze badges






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          Custom analyzer is indeed the way to go here.
          Basically you could define a custom analyzer that uses a “keyword” tokenizer with a “lowercase” token filter.



          Add the custom analyzer to your Index class, and change the analyzer name in your model to match the custom analyzer name:



          new Index()

          ...
          Analyzers = new[]

          new CustomAnalyzer()

          Name = "keyword_lowercase",
          Tokenizer = TokenizerName.Keyword,
          TokenFilters = new[] TokenFilterName.Lowercase





          Model:




          [Key]
          public string Id get; set;

          [IsSearchable]
          [Analyzer("keyword_lowercase")]
          public string AccountId get; set;



          In the REST API this would look something like:




          "fields": [
          "name": "Id",
          "type": "Edm.String",
          "key": true
          ,

          "name": "AccountId",
          "type": "Edm.String",
          "searchable": true,
          "retrievable": true,
          "analyzer": "keyword_lowercase"
          ],
          "analyzers":[

          "name":"keyword_lowercase",
          "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Search.CustomAnalyzer",
          "tokenizer":"keyword_v2",
          "tokenFilters":["lowercase"]

          ]






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55346822%2fhow-to-index-a-field-with-alphanumeric-characters-and-a-dash-for-wildcard-search%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            Custom analyzer is indeed the way to go here.
            Basically you could define a custom analyzer that uses a “keyword” tokenizer with a “lowercase” token filter.



            Add the custom analyzer to your Index class, and change the analyzer name in your model to match the custom analyzer name:



            new Index()

            ...
            Analyzers = new[]

            new CustomAnalyzer()

            Name = "keyword_lowercase",
            Tokenizer = TokenizerName.Keyword,
            TokenFilters = new[] TokenFilterName.Lowercase





            Model:




            [Key]
            public string Id get; set;

            [IsSearchable]
            [Analyzer("keyword_lowercase")]
            public string AccountId get; set;



            In the REST API this would look something like:




            "fields": [
            "name": "Id",
            "type": "Edm.String",
            "key": true
            ,

            "name": "AccountId",
            "type": "Edm.String",
            "searchable": true,
            "retrievable": true,
            "analyzer": "keyword_lowercase"
            ],
            "analyzers":[

            "name":"keyword_lowercase",
            "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Search.CustomAnalyzer",
            "tokenizer":"keyword_v2",
            "tokenFilters":["lowercase"]

            ]






            share|improve this answer



























              1














              Custom analyzer is indeed the way to go here.
              Basically you could define a custom analyzer that uses a “keyword” tokenizer with a “lowercase” token filter.



              Add the custom analyzer to your Index class, and change the analyzer name in your model to match the custom analyzer name:



              new Index()

              ...
              Analyzers = new[]

              new CustomAnalyzer()

              Name = "keyword_lowercase",
              Tokenizer = TokenizerName.Keyword,
              TokenFilters = new[] TokenFilterName.Lowercase





              Model:




              [Key]
              public string Id get; set;

              [IsSearchable]
              [Analyzer("keyword_lowercase")]
              public string AccountId get; set;



              In the REST API this would look something like:




              "fields": [
              "name": "Id",
              "type": "Edm.String",
              "key": true
              ,

              "name": "AccountId",
              "type": "Edm.String",
              "searchable": true,
              "retrievable": true,
              "analyzer": "keyword_lowercase"
              ],
              "analyzers":[

              "name":"keyword_lowercase",
              "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Search.CustomAnalyzer",
              "tokenizer":"keyword_v2",
              "tokenFilters":["lowercase"]

              ]






              share|improve this answer

























                1












                1








                1







                Custom analyzer is indeed the way to go here.
                Basically you could define a custom analyzer that uses a “keyword” tokenizer with a “lowercase” token filter.



                Add the custom analyzer to your Index class, and change the analyzer name in your model to match the custom analyzer name:



                new Index()

                ...
                Analyzers = new[]

                new CustomAnalyzer()

                Name = "keyword_lowercase",
                Tokenizer = TokenizerName.Keyword,
                TokenFilters = new[] TokenFilterName.Lowercase





                Model:




                [Key]
                public string Id get; set;

                [IsSearchable]
                [Analyzer("keyword_lowercase")]
                public string AccountId get; set;



                In the REST API this would look something like:




                "fields": [
                "name": "Id",
                "type": "Edm.String",
                "key": true
                ,

                "name": "AccountId",
                "type": "Edm.String",
                "searchable": true,
                "retrievable": true,
                "analyzer": "keyword_lowercase"
                ],
                "analyzers":[

                "name":"keyword_lowercase",
                "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Search.CustomAnalyzer",
                "tokenizer":"keyword_v2",
                "tokenFilters":["lowercase"]

                ]






                share|improve this answer













                Custom analyzer is indeed the way to go here.
                Basically you could define a custom analyzer that uses a “keyword” tokenizer with a “lowercase” token filter.



                Add the custom analyzer to your Index class, and change the analyzer name in your model to match the custom analyzer name:



                new Index()

                ...
                Analyzers = new[]

                new CustomAnalyzer()

                Name = "keyword_lowercase",
                Tokenizer = TokenizerName.Keyword,
                TokenFilters = new[] TokenFilterName.Lowercase





                Model:




                [Key]
                public string Id get; set;

                [IsSearchable]
                [Analyzer("keyword_lowercase")]
                public string AccountId get; set;



                In the REST API this would look something like:




                "fields": [
                "name": "Id",
                "type": "Edm.String",
                "key": true
                ,

                "name": "AccountId",
                "type": "Edm.String",
                "searchable": true,
                "retrievable": true,
                "analyzer": "keyword_lowercase"
                ],
                "analyzers":[

                "name":"keyword_lowercase",
                "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Search.CustomAnalyzer",
                "tokenizer":"keyword_v2",
                "tokenFilters":["lowercase"]

                ]







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 26 at 17:51









                Nati NimniNati Nimni

                1362 bronze badges




                1362 bronze badges


















                    Got a question that you can’t ask on public Stack Overflow? Learn more about sharing private information with Stack Overflow for Teams.







                    Got a question that you can’t ask on public Stack Overflow? Learn more about sharing private information with Stack Overflow for Teams.



















                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55346822%2fhow-to-index-a-field-with-alphanumeric-characters-and-a-dash-for-wildcard-search%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

                    155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

                    Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?