Unable to change Target Framework despite having more up to date SDK's installedVisual Studio not showing installed Android api levelsbase.OnCreate(bundle); Unhandled ExceptionVisual Studio 2015 & Xamarin - Can't create new Cross-Platform Project since last updateXamarin Live Player not showing upVisual Studio intellisense not workingConnect windows visual studio and Mac Agent for Developing IOS in Xamarin.formsXamarin.Forms Cross-Platform templates missing on Visual Studio 2015 ProfessionalAs of Visual Studio 2017 15.5.1, How Does One Create a Xamarin.Forms Project to Target Minimum Android KitKat (API 19) with PCL now obsolete?Missing PCL Templates in Xamarin Visual Studio 2017How does a Xamarin.forms Android app opens in all the android versions?Xamarin: Use specific Android Version (Decrease Xamarin Version)

How to pass array of values in lualatex?

Why didn't NASA launch communications relay satellites for the Apollo missions?

What happens to a permanent I gained control over using Agent of Treachery, and I leave a multiplayer game?

Connect to client FTP with dynamic client IP address

What is the best word describing the nature of expiring in a short amount of time, connoting "losing public attention"?

My current job follows "worst practices". How can I talk about my experience in an interview without giving off red flags?

Why was Quirrell said to be in the Black Forest if Voldemort was actually in Albania?

How to help my daughter fairly

Brute-force the switchboard

"It is what it is"

How deep is the Underdark? What is its max and median depth?

Found old paper shares of Motorola Inc that has since been broken up

Count the identical pairs in two lists

Is it better to merge "often" or only after completion do a big merge of feature branches?

What does a Nintendo Game Boy do when turned on without a game cartridge inserted?

Why is there an extra "t" in Lemmatization?

Are there foods that astronauts are explicitly never allowed to eat?

Why is DC so, so, so Democratic?

Why are Oscar, India, and X-Ray (O, I, and X) not used as taxiway identifiers?

How should I handle a question regarding my regrets during an interview?

Do we have to introduce the character's name before using their names in a dialogue tag?

What do Unicorns want?

Why can't a country print its own money to spend it only abroad?

You have no, but can try for yes



Unable to change Target Framework despite having more up to date SDK's installed


Visual Studio not showing installed Android api levelsbase.OnCreate(bundle); Unhandled ExceptionVisual Studio 2015 & Xamarin - Can't create new Cross-Platform Project since last updateXamarin Live Player not showing upVisual Studio intellisense not workingConnect windows visual studio and Mac Agent for Developing IOS in Xamarin.formsXamarin.Forms Cross-Platform templates missing on Visual Studio 2015 ProfessionalAs of Visual Studio 2017 15.5.1, How Does One Create a Xamarin.Forms Project to Target Minimum Android KitKat (API 19) with PCL now obsolete?Missing PCL Templates in Xamarin Visual Studio 2017How does a Xamarin.forms Android app opens in all the android versions?Xamarin: Use specific Android Version (Decrease Xamarin Version)






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















I am creating a cross-platform app using a blank app template.



When I try compile I get some errors that are all around the $(targetframeworkversion) for "xamarin.forms.platform.android.dll (v7.1) is greater than the target framework version for your project(6.0)"



Ive been into the SDK manager and downloaded up to and including Android 9 (API 28) but when I go into the properties there only options that appear here are Android 6, so I cant change my target framework. I have tried restarting Visual Studio but the option is still only 6.0.



Could anyone let me know if Im missing a step, or alternate ways to resolve.



Thanks










share|improve this question




























    1















    I am creating a cross-platform app using a blank app template.



    When I try compile I get some errors that are all around the $(targetframeworkversion) for "xamarin.forms.platform.android.dll (v7.1) is greater than the target framework version for your project(6.0)"



    Ive been into the SDK manager and downloaded up to and including Android 9 (API 28) but when I go into the properties there only options that appear here are Android 6, so I cant change my target framework. I have tried restarting Visual Studio but the option is still only 6.0.



    Could anyone let me know if Im missing a step, or alternate ways to resolve.



    Thanks










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1








      I am creating a cross-platform app using a blank app template.



      When I try compile I get some errors that are all around the $(targetframeworkversion) for "xamarin.forms.platform.android.dll (v7.1) is greater than the target framework version for your project(6.0)"



      Ive been into the SDK manager and downloaded up to and including Android 9 (API 28) but when I go into the properties there only options that appear here are Android 6, so I cant change my target framework. I have tried restarting Visual Studio but the option is still only 6.0.



      Could anyone let me know if Im missing a step, or alternate ways to resolve.



      Thanks










      share|improve this question














      I am creating a cross-platform app using a blank app template.



      When I try compile I get some errors that are all around the $(targetframeworkversion) for "xamarin.forms.platform.android.dll (v7.1) is greater than the target framework version for your project(6.0)"



      Ive been into the SDK manager and downloaded up to and including Android 9 (API 28) but when I go into the properties there only options that appear here are Android 6, so I cant change my target framework. I have tried restarting Visual Studio but the option is still only 6.0.



      Could anyone let me know if Im missing a step, or alternate ways to resolve.



      Thanks







      xamarin.forms






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 26 at 13:04









      iannialloianniallo

      182 bronze badges




      182 bronze badges






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          you could try this to change target framework version:



          right click your project.Android -> Properties -> Application -> Compile using Android version (Target Framework) -> select Android 7.1 or later



          or edit .csproj file,change to <TargetFrameworkVersion>v7.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>



          If it still doesn't work,you could refer to this:https://stackoverflow.com/a/42118093/10768653



          PS:Xamarin.Android uses JDK 8, which is required if you are developing for API level 24 or greater (JDK 8 also supports API levels earlier than 24).






          share|improve this answer
























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55357903%2funable-to-change-target-framework-despite-having-more-up-to-date-sdks-installed%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            you could try this to change target framework version:



            right click your project.Android -> Properties -> Application -> Compile using Android version (Target Framework) -> select Android 7.1 or later



            or edit .csproj file,change to <TargetFrameworkVersion>v7.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>



            If it still doesn't work,you could refer to this:https://stackoverflow.com/a/42118093/10768653



            PS:Xamarin.Android uses JDK 8, which is required if you are developing for API level 24 or greater (JDK 8 also supports API levels earlier than 24).






            share|improve this answer





























              1














              you could try this to change target framework version:



              right click your project.Android -> Properties -> Application -> Compile using Android version (Target Framework) -> select Android 7.1 or later



              or edit .csproj file,change to <TargetFrameworkVersion>v7.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>



              If it still doesn't work,you could refer to this:https://stackoverflow.com/a/42118093/10768653



              PS:Xamarin.Android uses JDK 8, which is required if you are developing for API level 24 or greater (JDK 8 also supports API levels earlier than 24).






              share|improve this answer



























                1












                1








                1







                you could try this to change target framework version:



                right click your project.Android -> Properties -> Application -> Compile using Android version (Target Framework) -> select Android 7.1 or later



                or edit .csproj file,change to <TargetFrameworkVersion>v7.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>



                If it still doesn't work,you could refer to this:https://stackoverflow.com/a/42118093/10768653



                PS:Xamarin.Android uses JDK 8, which is required if you are developing for API level 24 or greater (JDK 8 also supports API levels earlier than 24).






                share|improve this answer















                you could try this to change target framework version:



                right click your project.Android -> Properties -> Application -> Compile using Android version (Target Framework) -> select Android 7.1 or later



                or edit .csproj file,change to <TargetFrameworkVersion>v7.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>



                If it still doesn't work,you could refer to this:https://stackoverflow.com/a/42118093/10768653



                PS:Xamarin.Android uses JDK 8, which is required if you are developing for API level 24 or greater (JDK 8 also supports API levels earlier than 24).







                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Mar 27 at 9:06

























                answered Mar 27 at 5:55









                Leo Zhu - MSFTLeo Zhu - MSFT

                2,9421 gold badge1 silver badge8 bronze badges




                2,9421 gold badge1 silver badge8 bronze badges


















                    Got a question that you can’t ask on public Stack Overflow? Learn more about sharing private information with Stack Overflow for Teams.







                    Got a question that you can’t ask on public Stack Overflow? Learn more about sharing private information with Stack Overflow for Teams.



















                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55357903%2funable-to-change-target-framework-despite-having-more-up-to-date-sdks-installed%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

                    155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

                    Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?