View will show all list updated form every time changes madeCreate a session where DOCUMENT can't be edited until a session doneHow do I select all documents managerLotus Script - check if windows process is runningexport image from lotus domino databaseOpen lotus notes database using ssl vpn connectionHow to specify agent / formula to retrieve documents by criteriaLotus notes form getting saved automatically when changes are made in the form without saving the formLEI Virtual field activity - Locks the sysbase databaseHow to retain the value of an editable text field in a Lotus Notes form every time the user opens it?Lotus Notes - How to update lastname on Lotus Notes 9 or 8.5 login drop down listCreate a session where DOCUMENT can't be edited until a session done
What did River say when she woke from her proto-comatose state?
How does the spell Remove Curse interact with a Sword of Vengeance?
Schengen visa spouse of British citizen with ILR
How to model a twisted cylinder like this
.NET executes a SQL query and Active Monitor shows multiple rows blocking each other
Why is prior to creation called holy?
Same EPSG code for different objects
How many children?
Helping ease my back pain when I'm studying 13 hours everyday, even weekends
Does having had a visa for a country mean I used to be a citizen/national of that country?
What's currently blocking the construction of the wall between Mexico and the US?
Why do some professors with PhDs leave their professorships to teach high school?
Paralleling mosfets to reduce Rds On?
Explain why a line can never intersect a plane in exactly two points.
Is there a way, while dragging, to "snap" to the nearest guide?
Hot coffee brewing solutions for deep woods camping
Ndsolve problem with Sign (friction)
Are birchat hoda'ah on the idea or the thing?
Did the CIA blow up a Siberian pipeline in 1982?
Find the C-factor of a vote
What does the hyphen "-" mean in "tar xzf -"?
Why are < or > required to use /dev/tcp
What exactly is the 'online' in OLAP and OLTP?
What does it mean to "control target player"?
View will show all list updated form every time changes made
Create a session where DOCUMENT can't be edited until a session doneHow do I select all documents managerLotus Script - check if windows process is runningexport image from lotus domino databaseOpen lotus notes database using ssl vpn connectionHow to specify agent / formula to retrieve documents by criteriaLotus notes form getting saved automatically when changes are made in the form without saving the formLEI Virtual field activity - Locks the sysbase databaseHow to retain the value of an editable text field in a Lotus Notes form every time the user opens it?Lotus Notes - How to update lastname on Lotus Notes 9 or 8.5 login drop down listCreate a session where DOCUMENT can't be edited until a session done
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;
I'm new with lotus notes. Basically, I have a form. I want to create a situation where when I edit the form, that form will not be overwritten but it will automatically create a new form with an updated form. But when I open the new updated form, we can see all list of history from the old form. I can't think of any way to create it. Any suggestion would help me. Thanks!
lotus-notes lotus-domino domino-designer-eclipse
add a comment |
I'm new with lotus notes. Basically, I have a form. I want to create a situation where when I edit the form, that form will not be overwritten but it will automatically create a new form with an updated form. But when I open the new updated form, we can see all list of history from the old form. I can't think of any way to create it. Any suggestion would help me. Thanks!
lotus-notes lotus-domino domino-designer-eclipse
add a comment |
I'm new with lotus notes. Basically, I have a form. I want to create a situation where when I edit the form, that form will not be overwritten but it will automatically create a new form with an updated form. But when I open the new updated form, we can see all list of history from the old form. I can't think of any way to create it. Any suggestion would help me. Thanks!
lotus-notes lotus-domino domino-designer-eclipse
I'm new with lotus notes. Basically, I have a form. I want to create a situation where when I edit the form, that form will not be overwritten but it will automatically create a new form with an updated form. But when I open the new updated form, we can see all list of history from the old form. I can't think of any way to create it. Any suggestion would help me. Thanks!
lotus-notes lotus-domino domino-designer-eclipse
lotus-notes lotus-domino domino-designer-eclipse
edited Mar 26 at 9:42
Per Henrik Lausten
18.5k32262
18.5k32262
asked Mar 25 at 8:22
ReinhaaReinhaa
77111
77111
add a comment |
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
First of all: you need to know the difference between FORM and DOCUMENT.
The FORM is the design element in designer that you create and that is used to create and modify DOCUMENTS.
A DOCUMENT is a set of item - value pairs stored in the database. The items are based on the FORM it is created with.
If I understand you correctly, you want to create a new DOCUMENT on every save but keep the old DOCUMENT at the same time. There is a function called "Version Tracking" that allows this.
Read this documentation about how to use versioning. Here is a short version:
- Open the form.
- Choose Design - Form Properties.
On the Form Info tab, select None or one of the following versioning methods:
- New versions become responses
- Prior versions become responses
- New versions become siblings
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
1
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
2
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
add a comment |
Your Answer
StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55333698%2fview-will-show-all-list-updated-form-every-time-changes-made%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
First of all: you need to know the difference between FORM and DOCUMENT.
The FORM is the design element in designer that you create and that is used to create and modify DOCUMENTS.
A DOCUMENT is a set of item - value pairs stored in the database. The items are based on the FORM it is created with.
If I understand you correctly, you want to create a new DOCUMENT on every save but keep the old DOCUMENT at the same time. There is a function called "Version Tracking" that allows this.
Read this documentation about how to use versioning. Here is a short version:
- Open the form.
- Choose Design - Form Properties.
On the Form Info tab, select None or one of the following versioning methods:
- New versions become responses
- Prior versions become responses
- New versions become siblings
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
1
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
2
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
add a comment |
First of all: you need to know the difference between FORM and DOCUMENT.
The FORM is the design element in designer that you create and that is used to create and modify DOCUMENTS.
A DOCUMENT is a set of item - value pairs stored in the database. The items are based on the FORM it is created with.
If I understand you correctly, you want to create a new DOCUMENT on every save but keep the old DOCUMENT at the same time. There is a function called "Version Tracking" that allows this.
Read this documentation about how to use versioning. Here is a short version:
- Open the form.
- Choose Design - Form Properties.
On the Form Info tab, select None or one of the following versioning methods:
- New versions become responses
- Prior versions become responses
- New versions become siblings
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
1
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
2
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
add a comment |
First of all: you need to know the difference between FORM and DOCUMENT.
The FORM is the design element in designer that you create and that is used to create and modify DOCUMENTS.
A DOCUMENT is a set of item - value pairs stored in the database. The items are based on the FORM it is created with.
If I understand you correctly, you want to create a new DOCUMENT on every save but keep the old DOCUMENT at the same time. There is a function called "Version Tracking" that allows this.
Read this documentation about how to use versioning. Here is a short version:
- Open the form.
- Choose Design - Form Properties.
On the Form Info tab, select None or one of the following versioning methods:
- New versions become responses
- Prior versions become responses
- New versions become siblings
First of all: you need to know the difference between FORM and DOCUMENT.
The FORM is the design element in designer that you create and that is used to create and modify DOCUMENTS.
A DOCUMENT is a set of item - value pairs stored in the database. The items are based on the FORM it is created with.
If I understand you correctly, you want to create a new DOCUMENT on every save but keep the old DOCUMENT at the same time. There is a function called "Version Tracking" that allows this.
Read this documentation about how to use versioning. Here is a short version:
- Open the form.
- Choose Design - Form Properties.
On the Form Info tab, select None or one of the following versioning methods:
- New versions become responses
- Prior versions become responses
- New versions become siblings
answered Mar 25 at 9:12
Torsten LinkTorsten Link
8,6601230
8,6601230
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
1
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
2
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
add a comment |
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
1
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
2
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
Okay, I understand now. Help me so much. Thank you for your answer! :) I have a question, what if I have DOCUMENT inside subform? Because to change version tracking only on Form right?
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 9:38
1
1
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
A subform cannot stand alone. it needs to be put into a form. So: if it is in a form with version management, then it will be versioned as the fields directly in the form.
– Torsten Link
Mar 25 at 9:54
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
Yes, I have a computed subform inside my form page. So I just do version tracking inside the form? Also, how can I see whether the list is shown in the view? Because after I edit, I did not see the old edit document listed in notes view.
– Reinhaa
Mar 25 at 10:01
2
2
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
In the view, first tab, check "show Response..." see ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSVRGU_10.0.1/basic/…
– umeli
Mar 25 at 10:20
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
Okay, I have done that and successful with it. But it not indent. For example, I have no. the list and 9.2 is edited but it not indenting. It's just the same line. 9.1 9.2 9.2.1 Should it be indented? Thanks!
– Reinhaa
Mar 26 at 1:25
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55333698%2fview-will-show-all-list-updated-form-every-time-changes-made%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown