How to trigger a running windows form app?How do you set, clear, and toggle a single bit?Implementing scripts in c++ appHow do I iterate over the words of a string?How can I profile C++ code running on Linux?Combining C++ and C - how does #ifdef __cplusplus work?Why is this program erroneously rejected by three C++ compilers?C++ How to make two programs communicate?C++11 introduced a standardized memory model. What does it mean? And how is it going to affect C++ programming?What is an undefined reference/unresolved external symbol error and how do I fix it?App or Code to Suspend Resume UWP app without Visual Studio

Can I install both XCode & Android Studio on MacBook Air with only 8 GB of Ram

What was the idiom for something that we take without a doubt?

Why were helmets and other body armour not commonplace in the 1800s?

Count rotary dial pulses in a phone number (including letters)

What does the view outside my ship traveling at light speed look like?

Why do most published works in medical imaging try to reduce false positives?

Should I disclose a colleague's illness (that I should not know) when others badmouth him

Image processing: Removal of two spots in fundus images

How to pull out the underlying query syntax being used by dataset?

Is the field of q-series 'dead'?

What is the object moving across the ceiling in this stock footage?

Which is the common name of Mind Flayers?

Simple fuzz pedal using breadboard

A steel cutting sword?

Popcorn is the only acceptable snack to consume while watching a movie

Employer asking for online access to bank account - Is this a scam?

Construct a word ladder

Is CD audio quality good enough?

At what point in European history could a government build a printing press given a basic description?

Ticket to ride, 1910: What are the big cities

What is a Centaur Thief's climbing speed?

What are the real benefits of using Salesforce DX?

Would jet fuel for an F-16 or F-35 be producible during WW2?

If a person had control of every single cell of their body, would they be able to transform into another creature?



How to trigger a running windows form app?


How do you set, clear, and toggle a single bit?Implementing scripts in c++ appHow do I iterate over the words of a string?How can I profile C++ code running on Linux?Combining C++ and C - how does #ifdef __cplusplus work?Why is this program erroneously rejected by three C++ compilers?C++ How to make two programs communicate?C++11 introduced a standardized memory model. What does it mean? And how is it going to affect C++ programming?What is an undefined reference/unresolved external symbol error and how do I fix it?App or Code to Suspend Resume UWP app without Visual Studio






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















I have a windows form app (C++) that generates a set of PDF files by using 3rd party software - which creates the PDF files with the provided info from the app.



The question is : How do I suspend the app in a way that it will wait for all
the PDF files to be generated before generating a new set of files?



I figured that I should make a loop that will check for the amount of PDF files in a specific directory. if the amount of files equals to the amount
there should be, the loop will be broken and the code continues.
Just not sure how to do that...



For the record I'm not a programmer, I'm an electrical engineer so
my knowledge of programming comes down to some basic C++ ...










share|improve this question






















  • If the other application has a window open that either disappears or changes its title to a certain value when it is done, you could use FindWindow to track progress.

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:55











  • Or maybe that application has some Api, or even simply an exit code when it is done? Which application is it?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:56











  • I don't think that I have enough experience to pull off complicated tasks, as I said, I'm not a programmer I'm an electrical engineer, the 3rd party program is AutoCAD. I have no Idea how to tap into it's code and track the exit code of the PDF creation process. At best I can somehow understand how to check for the obvious output...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:02












  • Well, you do tell Autocad to generate those PDFs, right?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 6:06











  • Yes, of course, they appear in the assigned directory I choose. I said that I thought about creating a "while" loop with exit condition for the amount of PDF files which I know how many there should be. I'm not sure how to do that, the main problem is that I don't know how to get all the file names from the directory...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:12

















0















I have a windows form app (C++) that generates a set of PDF files by using 3rd party software - which creates the PDF files with the provided info from the app.



The question is : How do I suspend the app in a way that it will wait for all
the PDF files to be generated before generating a new set of files?



I figured that I should make a loop that will check for the amount of PDF files in a specific directory. if the amount of files equals to the amount
there should be, the loop will be broken and the code continues.
Just not sure how to do that...



For the record I'm not a programmer, I'm an electrical engineer so
my knowledge of programming comes down to some basic C++ ...










share|improve this question






















  • If the other application has a window open that either disappears or changes its title to a certain value when it is done, you could use FindWindow to track progress.

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:55











  • Or maybe that application has some Api, or even simply an exit code when it is done? Which application is it?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:56











  • I don't think that I have enough experience to pull off complicated tasks, as I said, I'm not a programmer I'm an electrical engineer, the 3rd party program is AutoCAD. I have no Idea how to tap into it's code and track the exit code of the PDF creation process. At best I can somehow understand how to check for the obvious output...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:02












  • Well, you do tell Autocad to generate those PDFs, right?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 6:06











  • Yes, of course, they appear in the assigned directory I choose. I said that I thought about creating a "while" loop with exit condition for the amount of PDF files which I know how many there should be. I'm not sure how to do that, the main problem is that I don't know how to get all the file names from the directory...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:12













0












0








0








I have a windows form app (C++) that generates a set of PDF files by using 3rd party software - which creates the PDF files with the provided info from the app.



The question is : How do I suspend the app in a way that it will wait for all
the PDF files to be generated before generating a new set of files?



I figured that I should make a loop that will check for the amount of PDF files in a specific directory. if the amount of files equals to the amount
there should be, the loop will be broken and the code continues.
Just not sure how to do that...



For the record I'm not a programmer, I'm an electrical engineer so
my knowledge of programming comes down to some basic C++ ...










share|improve this question














I have a windows form app (C++) that generates a set of PDF files by using 3rd party software - which creates the PDF files with the provided info from the app.



The question is : How do I suspend the app in a way that it will wait for all
the PDF files to be generated before generating a new set of files?



I figured that I should make a loop that will check for the amount of PDF files in a specific directory. if the amount of files equals to the amount
there should be, the loop will be broken and the code continues.
Just not sure how to do that...



For the record I'm not a programmer, I'm an electrical engineer so
my knowledge of programming comes down to some basic C++ ...







c++






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 24 at 5:43









Tom BoudniatskiTom Boudniatski

11




11












  • If the other application has a window open that either disappears or changes its title to a certain value when it is done, you could use FindWindow to track progress.

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:55











  • Or maybe that application has some Api, or even simply an exit code when it is done? Which application is it?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:56











  • I don't think that I have enough experience to pull off complicated tasks, as I said, I'm not a programmer I'm an electrical engineer, the 3rd party program is AutoCAD. I have no Idea how to tap into it's code and track the exit code of the PDF creation process. At best I can somehow understand how to check for the obvious output...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:02












  • Well, you do tell Autocad to generate those PDFs, right?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 6:06











  • Yes, of course, they appear in the assigned directory I choose. I said that I thought about creating a "while" loop with exit condition for the amount of PDF files which I know how many there should be. I'm not sure how to do that, the main problem is that I don't know how to get all the file names from the directory...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:12

















  • If the other application has a window open that either disappears or changes its title to a certain value when it is done, you could use FindWindow to track progress.

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:55











  • Or maybe that application has some Api, or even simply an exit code when it is done? Which application is it?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 5:56











  • I don't think that I have enough experience to pull off complicated tasks, as I said, I'm not a programmer I'm an electrical engineer, the 3rd party program is AutoCAD. I have no Idea how to tap into it's code and track the exit code of the PDF creation process. At best I can somehow understand how to check for the obvious output...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:02












  • Well, you do tell Autocad to generate those PDFs, right?

    – GolezTrol
    Mar 24 at 6:06











  • Yes, of course, they appear in the assigned directory I choose. I said that I thought about creating a "while" loop with exit condition for the amount of PDF files which I know how many there should be. I'm not sure how to do that, the main problem is that I don't know how to get all the file names from the directory...

    – Tom Boudniatski
    Mar 24 at 6:12
















If the other application has a window open that either disappears or changes its title to a certain value when it is done, you could use FindWindow to track progress.

– GolezTrol
Mar 24 at 5:55





If the other application has a window open that either disappears or changes its title to a certain value when it is done, you could use FindWindow to track progress.

– GolezTrol
Mar 24 at 5:55













Or maybe that application has some Api, or even simply an exit code when it is done? Which application is it?

– GolezTrol
Mar 24 at 5:56





Or maybe that application has some Api, or even simply an exit code when it is done? Which application is it?

– GolezTrol
Mar 24 at 5:56













I don't think that I have enough experience to pull off complicated tasks, as I said, I'm not a programmer I'm an electrical engineer, the 3rd party program is AutoCAD. I have no Idea how to tap into it's code and track the exit code of the PDF creation process. At best I can somehow understand how to check for the obvious output...

– Tom Boudniatski
Mar 24 at 6:02






I don't think that I have enough experience to pull off complicated tasks, as I said, I'm not a programmer I'm an electrical engineer, the 3rd party program is AutoCAD. I have no Idea how to tap into it's code and track the exit code of the PDF creation process. At best I can somehow understand how to check for the obvious output...

– Tom Boudniatski
Mar 24 at 6:02














Well, you do tell Autocad to generate those PDFs, right?

– GolezTrol
Mar 24 at 6:06





Well, you do tell Autocad to generate those PDFs, right?

– GolezTrol
Mar 24 at 6:06













Yes, of course, they appear in the assigned directory I choose. I said that I thought about creating a "while" loop with exit condition for the amount of PDF files which I know how many there should be. I'm not sure how to do that, the main problem is that I don't know how to get all the file names from the directory...

– Tom Boudniatski
Mar 24 at 6:12





Yes, of course, they appear in the assigned directory I choose. I said that I thought about creating a "while" loop with exit condition for the amount of PDF files which I know how many there should be. I'm not sure how to do that, the main problem is that I don't know how to get all the file names from the directory...

– Tom Boudniatski
Mar 24 at 6:12












0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55321060%2fhow-to-trigger-a-running-windows-form-app%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55321060%2fhow-to-trigger-a-running-windows-form-app%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?