GitLab - test coverage histrory / trendWhat is a reasonable code coverage % for unit tests (and why)?What can I use for good quality code coverage for C#/.NET?Clearing coverage highlighting in EclipseMeasure Code Coverage through Black Box testing in java Web applicationCode coverage with MochaHow to check the version of Gitlab?Jenkins code-coverage plugin for perlWhat is best practice for generating multiple code coverage views of the same project in sonar?How to make code coverage threshold on gitlab or in YAMLHow to get correct code coverage for member functions in header files

Are there any adverse impacts if I keep WiFi router on all time?

How use custom order in folder on Windows 7 and 10

How can an attacker use robots.txt?

When is it acceptable to write a bad letter of recommendation?

Does Sitecore have support for Sitecore products in containers?

Subverting the emotional woman and stoic man trope

Can I take NEW (still in their boxes) PC PARTS in my checked in luggage?

Norwegian refuses EU delay (4.7 hours) compensation because it turned out there was nothing wrong with the aircraft

Detect duplicates without exposing underlying data

Examples of "unsuccessful" theories with afterlives

Ruby language curious integer arithmetic : (-5/2) != -(5/2)

Do we have any particular tonal center in mind when we are NOT listening music?

Why does this image of Jupiter look so strange?

Magneto 2 How to call Helper function in observer file

Does "as soon as" imply simultaneity?

What can a pilot do if an air traffic controller is incapacitated?

Do multiple shower heads require multiple shower valves?

Which place in our solar system is the most fit for terraforming?

1, 2, 4, 8, 16, ... 33?

How can this Stack Exchange site have an animated favicon?

A high quality contribution but an annoying error is present in my published article

Are black holes bound to merge once their event horizons touch?

To what extent is it worthwhile to report check fraud / refund scams?

A simple game that keeps track of the number of questions asked



GitLab - test coverage histrory / trend


What is a reasonable code coverage % for unit tests (and why)?What can I use for good quality code coverage for C#/.NET?Clearing coverage highlighting in EclipseMeasure Code Coverage through Black Box testing in java Web applicationCode coverage with MochaHow to check the version of Gitlab?Jenkins code-coverage plugin for perlWhat is best practice for generating multiple code coverage views of the same project in sonar?How to make code coverage threshold on gitlab or in YAMLHow to get correct code coverage for member functions in header files






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















I use Gitlab CI t report Code Coverage. The CI script prints the output to the console which is then fetched by GitLab via regular expression.



As the result, I get the following coverage description in every merge request:



pipeline passed image



The question is - how can I track the trend (or change) of this value over a period of time.



I'd like to show the chart with coverage change for e.g. last month, so I'd see, whether the project's code quality is improved or decreased. Looking to something similar to this image:



code coverage chart



Which GitLab plugins or open source tools allow to get such a picture / report? Is it possible to achieve a similar result by using just gitlab alone?










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    You can do a GET request to the pipeline API docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/pipelines.html#list-project-pipelines then extract the coverages then use something like image-charts.com for the static image part :)

    – FGRibreau
    Mar 28 at 20:41











  • nice, but I'm looking to out-of-the-box solution

    – Richard Topchiy
    Apr 1 at 12:52

















1















I use Gitlab CI t report Code Coverage. The CI script prints the output to the console which is then fetched by GitLab via regular expression.



As the result, I get the following coverage description in every merge request:



pipeline passed image



The question is - how can I track the trend (or change) of this value over a period of time.



I'd like to show the chart with coverage change for e.g. last month, so I'd see, whether the project's code quality is improved or decreased. Looking to something similar to this image:



code coverage chart



Which GitLab plugins or open source tools allow to get such a picture / report? Is it possible to achieve a similar result by using just gitlab alone?










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    You can do a GET request to the pipeline API docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/pipelines.html#list-project-pipelines then extract the coverages then use something like image-charts.com for the static image part :)

    – FGRibreau
    Mar 28 at 20:41











  • nice, but I'm looking to out-of-the-box solution

    – Richard Topchiy
    Apr 1 at 12:52













1












1








1








I use Gitlab CI t report Code Coverage. The CI script prints the output to the console which is then fetched by GitLab via regular expression.



As the result, I get the following coverage description in every merge request:



pipeline passed image



The question is - how can I track the trend (or change) of this value over a period of time.



I'd like to show the chart with coverage change for e.g. last month, so I'd see, whether the project's code quality is improved or decreased. Looking to something similar to this image:



code coverage chart



Which GitLab plugins or open source tools allow to get such a picture / report? Is it possible to achieve a similar result by using just gitlab alone?










share|improve this question














I use Gitlab CI t report Code Coverage. The CI script prints the output to the console which is then fetched by GitLab via regular expression.



As the result, I get the following coverage description in every merge request:



pipeline passed image



The question is - how can I track the trend (or change) of this value over a period of time.



I'd like to show the chart with coverage change for e.g. last month, so I'd see, whether the project's code quality is improved or decreased. Looking to something similar to this image:



code coverage chart



Which GitLab plugins or open source tools allow to get such a picture / report? Is it possible to achieve a similar result by using just gitlab alone?







charts continuous-integration gitlab code-coverage






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 28 at 16:38









Richard TopchiyRichard Topchiy

1,7343 gold badges18 silver badges46 bronze badges




1,7343 gold badges18 silver badges46 bronze badges










  • 1





    You can do a GET request to the pipeline API docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/pipelines.html#list-project-pipelines then extract the coverages then use something like image-charts.com for the static image part :)

    – FGRibreau
    Mar 28 at 20:41











  • nice, but I'm looking to out-of-the-box solution

    – Richard Topchiy
    Apr 1 at 12:52












  • 1





    You can do a GET request to the pipeline API docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/pipelines.html#list-project-pipelines then extract the coverages then use something like image-charts.com for the static image part :)

    – FGRibreau
    Mar 28 at 20:41











  • nice, but I'm looking to out-of-the-box solution

    – Richard Topchiy
    Apr 1 at 12:52







1




1





You can do a GET request to the pipeline API docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/pipelines.html#list-project-pipelines then extract the coverages then use something like image-charts.com for the static image part :)

– FGRibreau
Mar 28 at 20:41





You can do a GET request to the pipeline API docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/pipelines.html#list-project-pipelines then extract the coverages then use something like image-charts.com for the static image part :)

– FGRibreau
Mar 28 at 20:41













nice, but I'm looking to out-of-the-box solution

– Richard Topchiy
Apr 1 at 12:52





nice, but I'm looking to out-of-the-box solution

– Richard Topchiy
Apr 1 at 12:52












0






active

oldest

votes














Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);














draft saved

draft discarded
















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55402770%2fgitlab-test-coverage-histrory-trend%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes
















draft saved

draft discarded















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55402770%2fgitlab-test-coverage-histrory-trend%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?