R - Backslash escaping issueRODBC : Single Backslash in server nameIgnore escape characters (backslashes) in R stringsImport text file as single character stringR - gsub replacing backslashesGetting R CMD check to understand backslashesIs there a way to make R strings verbatim (not escaped)?Insert backslashes with gsubhow to deal with a special character in server name?R using gsub to escape parentheses in a string leads to double backslashesHow to escape '?' while querying issues in a repo?RODBC : Single Backslash in server name

How do I set a custom order for folders on Windows 7 and 10?

Can Northern Ireland's border issue be solved by repartition?

Does wetting a beer glass change the foam characteristics?

Does the Prepare Food ability from Cook's Utensils stack?

Examples of "unsuccessful" theories with afterlives

Strange Sticky Substance on Digital Camera

Safely hang a mirror that does not have hooks

Reorder a matrix, twice

Why did UK NHS pay for homeopathic treatments?

Do we know the situation in Britain before Sealion (summer 1940)?

Would Taiwan and China's dispute be solved if Taiwan gave up being the Republic of China?

Designing a time thief proof safe

What secular civic space would pioneers build for small frontier towns?

Are lawyers allowed to come to agreements with opposing lawyers without the client's knowledge or consent?

My manager quit. Should I agree to defer wage increase to accommodate budget concerns?

Hilbert's hotel: why can't I repeat it infinitely many times?

Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?

Can an integer optimization problem be convex?

To change trains = cambiare treno?

Does HTTP HSTS protect a domain from a bad-actor publically-trusted-CA issing a illegitimate valid certificate?

How does a preliminary hearing differ from a full trial?

To what extent is it worthwhile to report check fraud / refund scams?

while loop factorial only works up to 20?

How do pilots align the HUD with their eyeballs?



R - Backslash escaping issue


RODBC : Single Backslash in server nameIgnore escape characters (backslashes) in R stringsImport text file as single character stringR - gsub replacing backslashesGetting R CMD check to understand backslashesIs there a way to make R strings verbatim (not escaped)?Insert backslashes with gsubhow to deal with a special character in server name?R using gsub to escape parentheses in a string leads to double backslashesHow to escape '?' while querying issues in a repo?RODBC : Single Backslash in server name






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















The overall problem that I am having is the same issue that comes up here:
RODBC : Single Backslash in server name
but in this solution I am still having an issue:



when I use the following I get an error:



> server <- "testserver"
Error: 's' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting ""tests"


but trying to escape the backslash it doesn't change to just a single backslash and now the connection code cant find a server with two backslashes.



> server <- "test\server"
> server
[1] "test\server"









share|improve this question
























  • If your goal is to create a platform-independent file path, check out file.path

    – Jared Wilber
    Mar 28 at 17:06






  • 1





    fortunes::fortune(365)

    – G5W
    Mar 28 at 17:11

















0















The overall problem that I am having is the same issue that comes up here:
RODBC : Single Backslash in server name
but in this solution I am still having an issue:



when I use the following I get an error:



> server <- "testserver"
Error: 's' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting ""tests"


but trying to escape the backslash it doesn't change to just a single backslash and now the connection code cant find a server with two backslashes.



> server <- "test\server"
> server
[1] "test\server"









share|improve this question
























  • If your goal is to create a platform-independent file path, check out file.path

    – Jared Wilber
    Mar 28 at 17:06






  • 1





    fortunes::fortune(365)

    – G5W
    Mar 28 at 17:11













0












0








0








The overall problem that I am having is the same issue that comes up here:
RODBC : Single Backslash in server name
but in this solution I am still having an issue:



when I use the following I get an error:



> server <- "testserver"
Error: 's' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting ""tests"


but trying to escape the backslash it doesn't change to just a single backslash and now the connection code cant find a server with two backslashes.



> server <- "test\server"
> server
[1] "test\server"









share|improve this question














The overall problem that I am having is the same issue that comes up here:
RODBC : Single Backslash in server name
but in this solution I am still having an issue:



when I use the following I get an error:



> server <- "testserver"
Error: 's' is an unrecognized escape in character string starting ""tests"


but trying to escape the backslash it doesn't change to just a single backslash and now the connection code cant find a server with two backslashes.



> server <- "test\server"
> server
[1] "test\server"






r






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 28 at 17:02









ColdzeroColdzero

214 bronze badges




214 bronze badges















  • If your goal is to create a platform-independent file path, check out file.path

    – Jared Wilber
    Mar 28 at 17:06






  • 1





    fortunes::fortune(365)

    – G5W
    Mar 28 at 17:11

















  • If your goal is to create a platform-independent file path, check out file.path

    – Jared Wilber
    Mar 28 at 17:06






  • 1





    fortunes::fortune(365)

    – G5W
    Mar 28 at 17:11
















If your goal is to create a platform-independent file path, check out file.path

– Jared Wilber
Mar 28 at 17:06





If your goal is to create a platform-independent file path, check out file.path

– Jared Wilber
Mar 28 at 17:06




1




1





fortunes::fortune(365)

– G5W
Mar 28 at 17:11





fortunes::fortune(365)

– G5W
Mar 28 at 17:11












0






active

oldest

votes














Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);














draft saved

draft discarded
















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55403207%2fr-backslash-escaping-issue%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes
















draft saved

draft discarded















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55403207%2fr-backslash-escaping-issue%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?