Converting '03/11/2019 11:45:00' to hive timestampConvert string to timestamp hiveConversion of String to Date/Timestamp in Hiveconverting date to timestamp in hiveTIMESTAMP in hive?Convert date '11/2/2014' (mm/d/yyyy) into timestamp in hiveConvert String to Timestamp in Hive HQLHow to convert date in YYYYMMDD in Hive to unix timestampConvert a String value in dataframe to timestamp and Store in HiveConvert Hive column from String to timestamp having NaT valuesHow to convert timestamp from different timezones in Hive

Do Jedi mind tricks work on Ewoks?

What word describes the sound of an instrument based on the shape of the waveform of its sound?

Where did Lovecraft write about Carcosa?

Ab major 9th chord in Bach

Installing Debian 10, upgrade to stable later?

Hostile Divisor Numbers

What does the phrase "go for the pin" mean here?

Playing Doublets with the Primes

Why are condenser mics so much more expensive than dynamics?

Why increasing of the temperature of the objects like wood, paper etc. doesn't fire them?

What is monoid homomorphism exactly?

Is there precedent or are there procedures for a US president refusing to concede to an electoral defeat?

While drilling into kitchen wall, hit a wire - any advice?

Efficient deletion of specific list entries

Can an earth elemental drag a tiny creature underground with Earth Glide?

How to replace space with '+' symbol in a triangular array?

How to speed up large double sums in a table?

How did the Apollo guidance computer handle parity bit errors?

What is the thing used to help pouring liquids called?

What does the copyright in a dissertation protect exactly?

Convert Numbers To Emoji Math

Is crescere the correct word meaning to to grow or cultivate?

Referring to person by surname, keep or omit "von"?

What is a common way to tell if an academic is "above average," or outstanding in their field? Is their h-index (Hirsh index) one of them?



Converting '03/11/2019 11:45:00' to hive timestamp


Convert string to timestamp hiveConversion of String to Date/Timestamp in Hiveconverting date to timestamp in hiveTIMESTAMP in hive?Convert date '11/2/2014' (mm/d/yyyy) into timestamp in hiveConvert String to Timestamp in Hive HQLHow to convert date in YYYYMMDD in Hive to unix timestampConvert a String value in dataframe to timestamp and Store in HiveConvert Hive column from String to timestamp having NaT valuesHow to convert timestamp from different timezones in Hive






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








2















I have dates in the format '3/20/2019 17:23:00' or '2/1/2019 11:44:00' and they come in as null when I specify the type as timestamp in hive. I am trying to convert it to with the following code but I'm not sure if it's not possible or if I'm specifying the pattern incorrectly.



For example one of these date variables is called 'on_dtml'



from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'))


I wrote the values as string format in one table, defined a second table where they are in timestamp, and now I am trying to write the values from the table where they are stored as string to the second table with the code above. Please help



insert into table test_table 
select variable1 string, from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'));









share|improve this question






























    2















    I have dates in the format '3/20/2019 17:23:00' or '2/1/2019 11:44:00' and they come in as null when I specify the type as timestamp in hive. I am trying to convert it to with the following code but I'm not sure if it's not possible or if I'm specifying the pattern incorrectly.



    For example one of these date variables is called 'on_dtml'



    from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'))


    I wrote the values as string format in one table, defined a second table where they are in timestamp, and now I am trying to write the values from the table where they are stored as string to the second table with the code above. Please help



    insert into table test_table 
    select variable1 string, from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'));









    share|improve this question


























      2












      2








      2








      I have dates in the format '3/20/2019 17:23:00' or '2/1/2019 11:44:00' and they come in as null when I specify the type as timestamp in hive. I am trying to convert it to with the following code but I'm not sure if it's not possible or if I'm specifying the pattern incorrectly.



      For example one of these date variables is called 'on_dtml'



      from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'))


      I wrote the values as string format in one table, defined a second table where they are in timestamp, and now I am trying to write the values from the table where they are stored as string to the second table with the code above. Please help



      insert into table test_table 
      select variable1 string, from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'));









      share|improve this question
















      I have dates in the format '3/20/2019 17:23:00' or '2/1/2019 11:44:00' and they come in as null when I specify the type as timestamp in hive. I am trying to convert it to with the following code but I'm not sure if it's not possible or if I'm specifying the pattern incorrectly.



      For example one of these date variables is called 'on_dtml'



      from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'))


      I wrote the values as string format in one table, defined a second table where they are in timestamp, and now I am trying to write the values from the table where they are stored as string to the second table with the code above. Please help



      insert into table test_table 
      select variable1 string, from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS'));






      hive






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 23 at 5:40









      leftjoin

      10.9k32356




      10.9k32356










      asked Mar 23 at 4:40









      Harry BarsegyanHarry Barsegyan

      164




      164






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          Correct pattern is 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss':



           from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


          Read about format patterns here: SimpleDateFormat Upper/lower case matters a lot in the pattern.



          See test here: http://demo.gethue.com/hue/editor?editor=292420



          select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('3/20/2019 17:23:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


          Result:



          2019-03-20 17:23:00


          One more test:



          select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('2/1/2019 11:44:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


          Result:



          2019-02-01 11:44:00





          share|improve this answer

























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55310664%2fconverting-03-11-2019-114500-to-hive-timestamp%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            Correct pattern is 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss':



             from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


            Read about format patterns here: SimpleDateFormat Upper/lower case matters a lot in the pattern.



            See test here: http://demo.gethue.com/hue/editor?editor=292420



            select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('3/20/2019 17:23:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


            Result:



            2019-03-20 17:23:00


            One more test:



            select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('2/1/2019 11:44:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


            Result:



            2019-02-01 11:44:00





            share|improve this answer





























              0














              Correct pattern is 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss':



               from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


              Read about format patterns here: SimpleDateFormat Upper/lower case matters a lot in the pattern.



              See test here: http://demo.gethue.com/hue/editor?editor=292420



              select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('3/20/2019 17:23:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


              Result:



              2019-03-20 17:23:00


              One more test:



              select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('2/1/2019 11:44:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


              Result:



              2019-02-01 11:44:00





              share|improve this answer



























                0












                0








                0







                Correct pattern is 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss':



                 from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


                Read about format patterns here: SimpleDateFormat Upper/lower case matters a lot in the pattern.



                See test here: http://demo.gethue.com/hue/editor?editor=292420



                select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('3/20/2019 17:23:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


                Result:



                2019-03-20 17:23:00


                One more test:



                select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('2/1/2019 11:44:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


                Result:



                2019-02-01 11:44:00





                share|improve this answer















                Correct pattern is 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss':



                 from_unixtime(unix_timestamp(on_dtml, 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


                Read about format patterns here: SimpleDateFormat Upper/lower case matters a lot in the pattern.



                See test here: http://demo.gethue.com/hue/editor?editor=292420



                select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('3/20/2019 17:23:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


                Result:



                2019-03-20 17:23:00


                One more test:



                select from_unixtime(unix_timestamp('2/1/2019 11:44:00', 'MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss'));


                Result:



                2019-02-01 11:44:00






                share|improve this answer














                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer








                edited Mar 23 at 7:05

























                answered Mar 23 at 5:49









                leftjoinleftjoin

                10.9k32356




                10.9k32356





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55310664%2fconverting-03-11-2019-114500-to-hive-timestamp%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

                    155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

                    Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?