How to SQL the ten most upvoted questions for the ten most used tags (in SEDE)?How do I perform an IF…THEN in an SQL SELECT?How to return only the Date from a SQL Server DateTime datatypeHow to check if a column exists in a SQL Server table?How can foreign key constraints be temporarily disabled using T-SQL?How can I do an UPDATE statement with JOIN in SQL?How do I escape a single quote in SQL Server?SQL Server: How to Join to first rowHow do I UPDATE from a SELECT in SQL Server?How to use the Stack Exchange Data Explorer to find every user's top tags?How to get ALL users' posts' tags (include answer's tags) in the Stack Exchange Data Explorer?

Where is the logic in castrating fighters?

Should breaking down something like a door be adjudicated as an attempt to beat its AC and HP, or as an ability check against a set DC?

Is Jon Snow the last of his House?

Where have Brexit voters gone?

Is there an online tool which supports shared writing?

Reduction from Exact Cover to Fixed Exact Cover

Difference between audio interface and mixer

Why are values I enter in the interface getting halved?

Would jet fuel for an F-16 or F-35 be producible during WW2?

Did people go back to where they were?

What was the idiom for something that we take without a doubt?

Employer asking for online access to bank account - Is this a scam?

I unknowingly submitted plagarised work

In the current era, do any wizards survive from 1372 DR?

Why are C64 games inconsistent with which joystick port they use?

Is it true that cut time means "play twice as fast as written"?

How strong are Wi-Fi signals?

Is neural networks training done one-by-one?

Does the unit of measure matter when you are solving for the diameter of a circumference?

Is it unethical to use a published code in my PhD thesis work?

Is the Indo-European language family made up?

Why were helmets and other body armour not commonplace in the 1800s?

Looking for a soft substance that doesn't dissolve underwater

What are these arcade games in Ghostbusters 1984?



How to SQL the ten most upvoted questions for the ten most used tags (in SEDE)?


How do I perform an IF…THEN in an SQL SELECT?How to return only the Date from a SQL Server DateTime datatypeHow to check if a column exists in a SQL Server table?How can foreign key constraints be temporarily disabled using T-SQL?How can I do an UPDATE statement with JOIN in SQL?How do I escape a single quote in SQL Server?SQL Server: How to Join to first rowHow do I UPDATE from a SELECT in SQL Server?How to use the Stack Exchange Data Explorer to find every user's top tags?How to get ALL users' posts' tags (include answer's tags) in the Stack Exchange Data Explorer?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








-1















In the Stack Exchange Data Explorer (SEDE), I'm trying to get the ten most upvoted questions for the ten most used tags (i.e. JavaScript, HTML, ...).



I see how to get the most used tags:



select Id, TagName, Count
from Tags t
order by count desc


Now for each tag, I'd like to get the top ten upvoted questions. I need some sort of Join I guess. The problem is that in the Posts table, Tags is an array.










share|improve this question






























    -1















    In the Stack Exchange Data Explorer (SEDE), I'm trying to get the ten most upvoted questions for the ten most used tags (i.e. JavaScript, HTML, ...).



    I see how to get the most used tags:



    select Id, TagName, Count
    from Tags t
    order by count desc


    Now for each tag, I'd like to get the top ten upvoted questions. I need some sort of Join I guess. The problem is that in the Posts table, Tags is an array.










    share|improve this question


























      -1












      -1








      -1








      In the Stack Exchange Data Explorer (SEDE), I'm trying to get the ten most upvoted questions for the ten most used tags (i.e. JavaScript, HTML, ...).



      I see how to get the most used tags:



      select Id, TagName, Count
      from Tags t
      order by count desc


      Now for each tag, I'd like to get the top ten upvoted questions. I need some sort of Join I guess. The problem is that in the Posts table, Tags is an array.










      share|improve this question
















      In the Stack Exchange Data Explorer (SEDE), I'm trying to get the ten most upvoted questions for the ten most used tags (i.e. JavaScript, HTML, ...).



      I see how to get the most used tags:



      select Id, TagName, Count
      from Tags t
      order by count desc


      Now for each tag, I'd like to get the top ten upvoted questions. I need some sort of Join I guess. The problem is that in the Posts table, Tags is an array.







      tsql sql-server-2017 dataexplorer






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 24 at 5:33









      Brock Adams

      71k16163220




      71k16163220










      asked Mar 23 at 20:55









      TMOTTMTMOTTM

      1,09431328




      1,09431328






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          Refer to the SEDE schema. Use the PostTags table to link tags to questions.



          Then you can use ROW_NUMBER() to rank the top 10 questions per tag.



          Here's one way (See it live in SEDE):



          WITH topTags AS (
          SELECT TOP 10
          t.Id,
          t.TagName,
          t.Count,
          tagRank = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY t.Count DESC)
          FROM Tags t
          ORDER BY t.Count DESC
          )
          SELECT
          qbt.TagName AS [Tag],
          --qbt.tagRank AS [Tag Rank],
          qbt.Count AS [Q's for Tag],
          qbt.Score AS [Qst Score],
          qbt.Id AS [Post Link],
          qbt.qstRow AS [Rank in tag]
          FROM (
          SELECT
          tt.TagName,
          --tt.tagRank,
          tt.Count,
          q.Score,
          q.Id,
          qstRow = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY tt.Id ORDER BY tt.Id, q.Score DESC)
          FROM topTags tt
          LEFT JOIN PostTags pt ON pt.TagId = tt.Id
          LEFT JOIN Posts q ON q.ID = pt.PostId
          ) qbt
          WHERE qbt.qstRow <= 10
          ORDER BY qbt.Count DESC,
          qbt.Score DESC





          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55318286%2fhow-to-sql-the-ten-most-upvoted-questions-for-the-ten-most-used-tags-in-sede%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            Refer to the SEDE schema. Use the PostTags table to link tags to questions.



            Then you can use ROW_NUMBER() to rank the top 10 questions per tag.



            Here's one way (See it live in SEDE):



            WITH topTags AS (
            SELECT TOP 10
            t.Id,
            t.TagName,
            t.Count,
            tagRank = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY t.Count DESC)
            FROM Tags t
            ORDER BY t.Count DESC
            )
            SELECT
            qbt.TagName AS [Tag],
            --qbt.tagRank AS [Tag Rank],
            qbt.Count AS [Q's for Tag],
            qbt.Score AS [Qst Score],
            qbt.Id AS [Post Link],
            qbt.qstRow AS [Rank in tag]
            FROM (
            SELECT
            tt.TagName,
            --tt.tagRank,
            tt.Count,
            q.Score,
            q.Id,
            qstRow = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY tt.Id ORDER BY tt.Id, q.Score DESC)
            FROM topTags tt
            LEFT JOIN PostTags pt ON pt.TagId = tt.Id
            LEFT JOIN Posts q ON q.ID = pt.PostId
            ) qbt
            WHERE qbt.qstRow <= 10
            ORDER BY qbt.Count DESC,
            qbt.Score DESC





            share|improve this answer



























              0














              Refer to the SEDE schema. Use the PostTags table to link tags to questions.



              Then you can use ROW_NUMBER() to rank the top 10 questions per tag.



              Here's one way (See it live in SEDE):



              WITH topTags AS (
              SELECT TOP 10
              t.Id,
              t.TagName,
              t.Count,
              tagRank = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY t.Count DESC)
              FROM Tags t
              ORDER BY t.Count DESC
              )
              SELECT
              qbt.TagName AS [Tag],
              --qbt.tagRank AS [Tag Rank],
              qbt.Count AS [Q's for Tag],
              qbt.Score AS [Qst Score],
              qbt.Id AS [Post Link],
              qbt.qstRow AS [Rank in tag]
              FROM (
              SELECT
              tt.TagName,
              --tt.tagRank,
              tt.Count,
              q.Score,
              q.Id,
              qstRow = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY tt.Id ORDER BY tt.Id, q.Score DESC)
              FROM topTags tt
              LEFT JOIN PostTags pt ON pt.TagId = tt.Id
              LEFT JOIN Posts q ON q.ID = pt.PostId
              ) qbt
              WHERE qbt.qstRow <= 10
              ORDER BY qbt.Count DESC,
              qbt.Score DESC





              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                Refer to the SEDE schema. Use the PostTags table to link tags to questions.



                Then you can use ROW_NUMBER() to rank the top 10 questions per tag.



                Here's one way (See it live in SEDE):



                WITH topTags AS (
                SELECT TOP 10
                t.Id,
                t.TagName,
                t.Count,
                tagRank = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY t.Count DESC)
                FROM Tags t
                ORDER BY t.Count DESC
                )
                SELECT
                qbt.TagName AS [Tag],
                --qbt.tagRank AS [Tag Rank],
                qbt.Count AS [Q's for Tag],
                qbt.Score AS [Qst Score],
                qbt.Id AS [Post Link],
                qbt.qstRow AS [Rank in tag]
                FROM (
                SELECT
                tt.TagName,
                --tt.tagRank,
                tt.Count,
                q.Score,
                q.Id,
                qstRow = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY tt.Id ORDER BY tt.Id, q.Score DESC)
                FROM topTags tt
                LEFT JOIN PostTags pt ON pt.TagId = tt.Id
                LEFT JOIN Posts q ON q.ID = pt.PostId
                ) qbt
                WHERE qbt.qstRow <= 10
                ORDER BY qbt.Count DESC,
                qbt.Score DESC





                share|improve this answer













                Refer to the SEDE schema. Use the PostTags table to link tags to questions.



                Then you can use ROW_NUMBER() to rank the top 10 questions per tag.



                Here's one way (See it live in SEDE):



                WITH topTags AS (
                SELECT TOP 10
                t.Id,
                t.TagName,
                t.Count,
                tagRank = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY t.Count DESC)
                FROM Tags t
                ORDER BY t.Count DESC
                )
                SELECT
                qbt.TagName AS [Tag],
                --qbt.tagRank AS [Tag Rank],
                qbt.Count AS [Q's for Tag],
                qbt.Score AS [Qst Score],
                qbt.Id AS [Post Link],
                qbt.qstRow AS [Rank in tag]
                FROM (
                SELECT
                tt.TagName,
                --tt.tagRank,
                tt.Count,
                q.Score,
                q.Id,
                qstRow = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY tt.Id ORDER BY tt.Id, q.Score DESC)
                FROM topTags tt
                LEFT JOIN PostTags pt ON pt.TagId = tt.Id
                LEFT JOIN Posts q ON q.ID = pt.PostId
                ) qbt
                WHERE qbt.qstRow <= 10
                ORDER BY qbt.Count DESC,
                qbt.Score DESC






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 24 at 5:30









                Brock AdamsBrock Adams

                71k16163220




                71k16163220





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55318286%2fhow-to-sql-the-ten-most-upvoted-questions-for-the-ten-most-used-tags-in-sede%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

                    155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

                    Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?