ReactNative: Element appearing on Top but wont trigger onPressScrollView snaps back into place with position: absoluteAbsolute positioning a FlatList item react-nativeOverlaying an effect onto text in scrollview in react native (expo)React Native Android Clipping ChildrenComponent won't stay wrapped within bounds (React Native)React-Native error adding a video using expo to the app.js for backgroundHow to make an image of a <ImageBackground> tag darker (React Native)How to animate fadein fadeout in reactnative with zindex?React Native - Touchable Opacity inside Animated.View is firing event of background list viewReact Native Absolute Positioned Component elements onPress events not working

Tear out when plate making w/ a router

What is the use of FullForm in Mathematica?

How can I protect myself in case of a human attack like the murders of the hikers Jespersen and Ueland in Morocco?

Why are some Mac apps not available on AppStore?

CBP interview, how serious should I take it?

Is it appropriate for a professor to require students to sign a non-disclosure agreement before being taught?

How is the Team Scooby Doo funded?

Should I use my toaster oven for slow roasting?

How can I fix a framing mistake so I can drywall?

How should we understand "unobscured by flying friends" in this context?

Georgian capital letter “Ⴒ” (“tar”) in pdfLaTeX

Is there a "right" way to interpret a novel? If so, how do we make sure our novel is interpreted correctly?

What does "synoptic" mean in avionics?

What is negative current?

Have there been any countries that voted themselves out of existence?

A medieval fantasy adventurer lights a torch in a 100% pure oxygen room. What happens?

Two different colors in an Illustrator stroke / line

Can a magnet rip protons from a nucleus?

Random point on a sphere

Do any aircraft carry boats?

Are scroll bars dead in 2019?

Does the mana ability restriction of Pithing Needle refer to the cost or the effect of an activated ability?

Might have gotten a coworker sick, should I address this?

Will replacing a fake visa with a different fake visa cause me problems when applying for a legal study permit?



ReactNative: Element appearing on Top but wont trigger onPress


ScrollView snaps back into place with position: absoluteAbsolute positioning a FlatList item react-nativeOverlaying an effect onto text in scrollview in react native (expo)React Native Android Clipping ChildrenComponent won't stay wrapped within bounds (React Native)React-Native error adding a video using expo to the app.js for backgroundHow to make an image of a <ImageBackground> tag darker (React Native)How to animate fadein fadeout in reactnative with zindex?React Native - Touchable Opacity inside Animated.View is firing event of background list viewReact Native Absolute Positioned Component elements onPress events not working






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








1















I have created a dropdown. Its elements appearing on top of body, however, when I press them, it actually triggers onPress on elements underneath them.



You guys can see the issue:
enter image description here



Code for the Dropdown is:



 <View style=[styles.container]>
<TouchableOpacity style=styles.main_container onPress=this.animate>
<Text style=styles.text>this.state.selectedCategoryText</Text>
<Image style=styles.image
source=require('../../assets/icons/dropdown.png')
/>
</TouchableOpacity>
<View >
<Animated.View style=[styles.animated_container,opacity: this.opacity, zIndex:1, elevation:1]>
<ScrollView style=height:60>
this.data.map( (item, i)=>
<TouchableOpacity
style=
disabled=false
key=i
onPress=()=>this.selectItem(i)>
<Text style=styles.item_text>item </Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
)
</ScrollView>
</Animated.View>

</View>
</View>


I have applied absolute positioning on the animated view which displays the dropdown items.



animated_container:
backgroundColor: colors.secondaryWhiteColor,
position: 'absolute',
top: '100%',
width: '100%', height: 70










share|improve this question
























  • try adding display: block and z-index:9999999 (to verify). Alternatively, add some padding to see if that helps.

    – Joel
    Mar 28 at 8:31












  • React native doesn't supports block facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/layout-props#display. zIndex is alsonot making any effect :(

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 8:48






  • 1





    There is a react-native bug on Android where touch events do not work for elements which are absolutely positioned outside their container element

    – dentemm
    Mar 28 at 9:57











  • I have managed to know the source of the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 10:44

















1















I have created a dropdown. Its elements appearing on top of body, however, when I press them, it actually triggers onPress on elements underneath them.



You guys can see the issue:
enter image description here



Code for the Dropdown is:



 <View style=[styles.container]>
<TouchableOpacity style=styles.main_container onPress=this.animate>
<Text style=styles.text>this.state.selectedCategoryText</Text>
<Image style=styles.image
source=require('../../assets/icons/dropdown.png')
/>
</TouchableOpacity>
<View >
<Animated.View style=[styles.animated_container,opacity: this.opacity, zIndex:1, elevation:1]>
<ScrollView style=height:60>
this.data.map( (item, i)=>
<TouchableOpacity
style=
disabled=false
key=i
onPress=()=>this.selectItem(i)>
<Text style=styles.item_text>item </Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
)
</ScrollView>
</Animated.View>

</View>
</View>


I have applied absolute positioning on the animated view which displays the dropdown items.



animated_container:
backgroundColor: colors.secondaryWhiteColor,
position: 'absolute',
top: '100%',
width: '100%', height: 70










share|improve this question
























  • try adding display: block and z-index:9999999 (to verify). Alternatively, add some padding to see if that helps.

    – Joel
    Mar 28 at 8:31












  • React native doesn't supports block facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/layout-props#display. zIndex is alsonot making any effect :(

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 8:48






  • 1





    There is a react-native bug on Android where touch events do not work for elements which are absolutely positioned outside their container element

    – dentemm
    Mar 28 at 9:57











  • I have managed to know the source of the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 10:44













1












1








1








I have created a dropdown. Its elements appearing on top of body, however, when I press them, it actually triggers onPress on elements underneath them.



You guys can see the issue:
enter image description here



Code for the Dropdown is:



 <View style=[styles.container]>
<TouchableOpacity style=styles.main_container onPress=this.animate>
<Text style=styles.text>this.state.selectedCategoryText</Text>
<Image style=styles.image
source=require('../../assets/icons/dropdown.png')
/>
</TouchableOpacity>
<View >
<Animated.View style=[styles.animated_container,opacity: this.opacity, zIndex:1, elevation:1]>
<ScrollView style=height:60>
this.data.map( (item, i)=>
<TouchableOpacity
style=
disabled=false
key=i
onPress=()=>this.selectItem(i)>
<Text style=styles.item_text>item </Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
)
</ScrollView>
</Animated.View>

</View>
</View>


I have applied absolute positioning on the animated view which displays the dropdown items.



animated_container:
backgroundColor: colors.secondaryWhiteColor,
position: 'absolute',
top: '100%',
width: '100%', height: 70










share|improve this question














I have created a dropdown. Its elements appearing on top of body, however, when I press them, it actually triggers onPress on elements underneath them.



You guys can see the issue:
enter image description here



Code for the Dropdown is:



 <View style=[styles.container]>
<TouchableOpacity style=styles.main_container onPress=this.animate>
<Text style=styles.text>this.state.selectedCategoryText</Text>
<Image style=styles.image
source=require('../../assets/icons/dropdown.png')
/>
</TouchableOpacity>
<View >
<Animated.View style=[styles.animated_container,opacity: this.opacity, zIndex:1, elevation:1]>
<ScrollView style=height:60>
this.data.map( (item, i)=>
<TouchableOpacity
style=
disabled=false
key=i
onPress=()=>this.selectItem(i)>
<Text style=styles.item_text>item </Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
)
</ScrollView>
</Animated.View>

</View>
</View>


I have applied absolute positioning on the animated view which displays the dropdown items.



animated_container:
backgroundColor: colors.secondaryWhiteColor,
position: 'absolute',
top: '100%',
width: '100%', height: 70







react-native expo






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 28 at 8:26









RustyRusty

1,2351 gold badge15 silver badges24 bronze badges




1,2351 gold badge15 silver badges24 bronze badges















  • try adding display: block and z-index:9999999 (to verify). Alternatively, add some padding to see if that helps.

    – Joel
    Mar 28 at 8:31












  • React native doesn't supports block facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/layout-props#display. zIndex is alsonot making any effect :(

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 8:48






  • 1





    There is a react-native bug on Android where touch events do not work for elements which are absolutely positioned outside their container element

    – dentemm
    Mar 28 at 9:57











  • I have managed to know the source of the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 10:44

















  • try adding display: block and z-index:9999999 (to verify). Alternatively, add some padding to see if that helps.

    – Joel
    Mar 28 at 8:31












  • React native doesn't supports block facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/layout-props#display. zIndex is alsonot making any effect :(

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 8:48






  • 1





    There is a react-native bug on Android where touch events do not work for elements which are absolutely positioned outside their container element

    – dentemm
    Mar 28 at 9:57











  • I have managed to know the source of the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.

    – Rusty
    Mar 28 at 10:44
















try adding display: block and z-index:9999999 (to verify). Alternatively, add some padding to see if that helps.

– Joel
Mar 28 at 8:31






try adding display: block and z-index:9999999 (to verify). Alternatively, add some padding to see if that helps.

– Joel
Mar 28 at 8:31














React native doesn't supports block facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/layout-props#display. zIndex is alsonot making any effect :(

– Rusty
Mar 28 at 8:48





React native doesn't supports block facebook.github.io/react-native/docs/layout-props#display. zIndex is alsonot making any effect :(

– Rusty
Mar 28 at 8:48




1




1





There is a react-native bug on Android where touch events do not work for elements which are absolutely positioned outside their container element

– dentemm
Mar 28 at 9:57





There is a react-native bug on Android where touch events do not work for elements which are absolutely positioned outside their container element

– dentemm
Mar 28 at 9:57













I have managed to know the source of the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.

– Rusty
Mar 28 at 10:44





I have managed to know the source of the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.

– Rusty
Mar 28 at 10:44












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0
















I have managed to know the source of the problem, however I still don't know what exactly is the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.






share|improve this answer
























    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );














    draft saved

    draft discarded
















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55393021%2freactnative-element-appearing-on-top-but-wont-trigger-onpress%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0
















    I have managed to know the source of the problem, however I still don't know what exactly is the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.






    share|improve this answer





























      0
















      I have managed to know the source of the problem, however I still don't know what exactly is the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.






      share|improve this answer



























        0














        0










        0









        I have managed to know the source of the problem, however I still don't know what exactly is the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.






        share|improve this answer













        I have managed to know the source of the problem, however I still don't know what exactly is the problem. DrawerNavigator from React.Navigation is doing something. If I remove the screen containing dropdown from the DrawerNavigator, then it works properly.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 29 at 5:31









        RustyRusty

        1,2351 gold badge15 silver badges24 bronze badges




        1,2351 gold badge15 silver badges24 bronze badges





















            Got a question that you can’t ask on public Stack Overflow? Learn more about sharing private information with Stack Overflow for Teams.







            Got a question that you can’t ask on public Stack Overflow? Learn more about sharing private information with Stack Overflow for Teams.




















            draft saved

            draft discarded















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55393021%2freactnative-element-appearing-on-top-but-wont-trigger-onpress%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

            155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

            Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?