When does a 'render_PUT' function get called and how do I use 'twisted' to write one which returns the json object from my 'http://localhost:'?How to import a module given it's name as string?How do I return multiple values from a function?How to serialize SqlAlchemy result to JSON?Creating a singleton in PythonWhat is __future__ in Python used for and how/when to use it, and how it worksAJAX Success Not Being Called on Twisted HTTP ReturnHow to prettyprint a JSON file?How to get POSTed json in Flask?Twisted server returning text with unexpected fontsTwisted: how to wrap a function that takes a call back?

Which place in our solar system is mostly fit for terraforming?

Going to France with limited French for a day

How use custom order in folder on Windows 7 and 10

My Project Manager does not accept carry-over in Scrum, Is that normal?

Would Taiwan and China's dispute be solved if Taiwan gave up being the Republic of China?

Replace HP Smart Array RAID Controller with newer generation controller (e.g. 410 -> 420)

When is it acceptable to write a bad letter of recommendation?

To what extent is it worthwhile to report check fraud / refund scams?

Can the U.S. president make military decisions without consulting anyone?

Why weren't the Death Star plans transmitted electronically?

How to manage expenditure when billing cycles and paycheck cycles are not aligned?

Functional analysis of the Pink Panther

What do you do if you have developments on your paper during the long peer review process?

Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?

Why is there not a feasible solution for a MIP?

Magneto 2 How to call Helper function in observer file

Hiking with a mule or two?

Examples of "unsuccessful" theories with afterlives

How to deal with a Homophobic PC

Painting a 4x6 grid with 2 colours

Does Fires of Invention allow adventure instant and sorceries to be played for free?

Is it impolite to ask for halal food when traveling to and in Thailand?

Can Northern Ireland's border issue be solved by repartition?

What's the lowest risk highest reward I can invest in for 5 years?



When does a 'render_PUT' function get called and how do I use 'twisted' to write one which returns the json object from my 'http://localhost:'?


How to import a module given it's name as string?How do I return multiple values from a function?How to serialize SqlAlchemy result to JSON?Creating a singleton in PythonWhat is __future__ in Python used for and how/when to use it, and how it worksAJAX Success Not Being Called on Twisted HTTP ReturnHow to prettyprint a JSON file?How to get POSTed json in Flask?Twisted server returning text with unexpected fontsTwisted: how to wrap a function that takes a call back?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















In my ChildPage(twisted.web.resource.Resource) class I have a simple render_GET method which is automatically called whenever I refresh the browser http://localhost:5050



I now need to implement a 'render_PUT' method, I was wondering:



  1. When this actually (automatically) gets called, so I can test my attempt.


  2. How to implement a simple version of this which literally just returns a json object which is the only thing on the 'http://localhost:5050' page on my browser. My colleague doesn't know how to do it either but thinks that 'response.content.read', which returns a json object in bytes, will be useful - before decoding this json object into a string, and then it is parsed and 'json.load'ed. (Or something like this!! Big noob here.)


Please let me know if you'd like more information, just overall I don't understand how the render_PUT works and would like just the simple implementation to return the json object that is the only thing on my 'http://localhost:5050' (sorry I don't want to use the wrong word for this!)










share|improve this question
































    0















    In my ChildPage(twisted.web.resource.Resource) class I have a simple render_GET method which is automatically called whenever I refresh the browser http://localhost:5050



    I now need to implement a 'render_PUT' method, I was wondering:



    1. When this actually (automatically) gets called, so I can test my attempt.


    2. How to implement a simple version of this which literally just returns a json object which is the only thing on the 'http://localhost:5050' page on my browser. My colleague doesn't know how to do it either but thinks that 'response.content.read', which returns a json object in bytes, will be useful - before decoding this json object into a string, and then it is parsed and 'json.load'ed. (Or something like this!! Big noob here.)


    Please let me know if you'd like more information, just overall I don't understand how the render_PUT works and would like just the simple implementation to return the json object that is the only thing on my 'http://localhost:5050' (sorry I don't want to use the wrong word for this!)










    share|improve this question




























      0












      0








      0








      In my ChildPage(twisted.web.resource.Resource) class I have a simple render_GET method which is automatically called whenever I refresh the browser http://localhost:5050



      I now need to implement a 'render_PUT' method, I was wondering:



      1. When this actually (automatically) gets called, so I can test my attempt.


      2. How to implement a simple version of this which literally just returns a json object which is the only thing on the 'http://localhost:5050' page on my browser. My colleague doesn't know how to do it either but thinks that 'response.content.read', which returns a json object in bytes, will be useful - before decoding this json object into a string, and then it is parsed and 'json.load'ed. (Or something like this!! Big noob here.)


      Please let me know if you'd like more information, just overall I don't understand how the render_PUT works and would like just the simple implementation to return the json object that is the only thing on my 'http://localhost:5050' (sorry I don't want to use the wrong word for this!)










      share|improve this question
















      In my ChildPage(twisted.web.resource.Resource) class I have a simple render_GET method which is automatically called whenever I refresh the browser http://localhost:5050



      I now need to implement a 'render_PUT' method, I was wondering:



      1. When this actually (automatically) gets called, so I can test my attempt.


      2. How to implement a simple version of this which literally just returns a json object which is the only thing on the 'http://localhost:5050' page on my browser. My colleague doesn't know how to do it either but thinks that 'response.content.read', which returns a json object in bytes, will be useful - before decoding this json object into a string, and then it is parsed and 'json.load'ed. (Or something like this!! Big noob here.)


      Please let me know if you'd like more information, just overall I don't understand how the render_PUT works and would like just the simple implementation to return the json object that is the only thing on my 'http://localhost:5050' (sorry I don't want to use the wrong word for this!)







      python rendering twisted twisted.web twistd






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 29 at 10:26







      Milan Lakhani

















      asked Mar 28 at 16:40









      Milan LakhaniMilan Lakhani

      281 silver badge7 bronze badges




      281 silver badge7 bronze badges

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes














          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );














          draft saved

          draft discarded
















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55402827%2fwhen-does-a-render-put-function-get-called-and-how-do-i-use-twisted-to-write%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes
















          draft saved

          draft discarded















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55402827%2fwhen-does-a-render-put-function-get-called-and-how-do-i-use-twisted-to-write%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

          155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

          Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?