How do I get pip working directory from command lineHow can I safely create a nested directory?How can I get a list of locally installed Python modules?Use different Python version with virtualenvHow do I list all files of a directory?How to read a file line-by-line into a list?How do I install pip on Windows?bash: pip: command not foundPythonic way to create a long multi-line stringHow do I install pip on macOS or OS X?Why is “1000000000000000 in range(1000000000000001)” so fast in Python 3?

What allows us to use imaginary numbers?

Best model for precedence constraints within scheduling problem

Meaning and structure of headline "Hair it is: A List of ..."

Does git delete empty folders?

Installing certbot - error - "nothing provides pyparsing"

Can the front glass be repaired of a broken lens?

When does The Truman Show take place?

"A y'vama acquires herself through chalitza", really?

Output with the same length always

Rotate List by K places

What should I do with the stock I own if I anticipate there will be a recession?

Why do aircraft leave cruising altitude long before landing just to circle?

Is there a way to make the "o" keypress of other-window <C-x><C-o> repeatable?

Do living authors still get paid royalties for their old work?

How can I train a replacement without them knowing?

Is there a commercial liquid with refractive index greater than n=2?

Airline power sockets shut down when I plug my computer in. How can I avoid that?

What does a comma signify in inorganic chemistry?

Why was ramjet fuel used as hydraulic fluid during Saturn V checkout?

How does the illumination of the sky from the sun compare to that of the moon?

Metal that glows when near pieces of itself

Why don't modern jet engines use forced exhaust mixing?

what article (a/an) to use when there when there's a parenthesis following it?

how do I go from CDG airport to Montparnasse gare quickly and cheaply?



How do I get pip working directory from command line


How can I safely create a nested directory?How can I get a list of locally installed Python modules?Use different Python version with virtualenvHow do I list all files of a directory?How to read a file line-by-line into a list?How do I install pip on Windows?bash: pip: command not foundPythonic way to create a long multi-line stringHow do I install pip on macOS or OS X?Why is “1000000000000000 in range(1000000000000001)” so fast in Python 3?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;








0















I have two python versions installed in my computer and, whenever I "pip [something]" on my command line, I would like to make sure that I am using the right pip.exe program. Is there a pip command for that?



Thank you.










share|improve this question


























  • You can try which pip

    – Gad
    Mar 27 at 14:00


















0















I have two python versions installed in my computer and, whenever I "pip [something]" on my command line, I would like to make sure that I am using the right pip.exe program. Is there a pip command for that?



Thank you.










share|improve this question


























  • You can try which pip

    – Gad
    Mar 27 at 14:00














0












0








0








I have two python versions installed in my computer and, whenever I "pip [something]" on my command line, I would like to make sure that I am using the right pip.exe program. Is there a pip command for that?



Thank you.










share|improve this question
















I have two python versions installed in my computer and, whenever I "pip [something]" on my command line, I would like to make sure that I am using the right pip.exe program. Is there a pip command for that?



Thank you.







python pip






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 27 at 14:51







Nicolas Fonteyne

















asked Mar 27 at 13:58









Nicolas FonteyneNicolas Fonteyne

425 bronze badges




425 bronze badges















  • You can try which pip

    – Gad
    Mar 27 at 14:00


















  • You can try which pip

    – Gad
    Mar 27 at 14:00

















You can try which pip

– Gad
Mar 27 at 14:00






You can try which pip

– Gad
Mar 27 at 14:00













3 Answers
3






active

oldest

votes


















1














pip --version


This will give complete path of pip install






share|improve this answer

























  • Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

    – Nicolas Fonteyne
    Mar 27 at 14:59


















0














I am not sure if I understand the question correctly, but sorry if I am wrong! If you are on Window, when installing Python, make sure to check this box(Add Python version to PATH) otherwise you will have to do it manually or probably use something like this.



python -m pip command option


enter image description here



If you have Python added to your PATH.



You can do from command line(for example).



pip install packagename





share|improve this answer
































    0














    python has a -m module option,



    $ python --help | grep -- -m
    usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
    -m mod : run library module as a script (terminates option list)


    So one can use it like,



    $ python -m pip install requests


    And it will make sure, you are using the correct pip for the python you are running.



    ( venv ) $ python -m pip --version
    pip 19.0.3 from /home/telaverge/python/tty/tias/a/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)
    ( venv ) $ deactivate
    $ python -m pip --version
    pip 9.0.3 from /home/telaverge/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)
    $ python3 -m pip --version
    pip 9.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (python 3.6)


    Under windows, i think it is,



    py -m pip





    share|improve this answer





























      Your Answer






      StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
      StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
      StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
      StackExchange.snippets.init();
      );
      );
      , "code-snippets");

      StackExchange.ready(function()
      var channelOptions =
      tags: "".split(" "),
      id: "1"
      ;
      initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

      StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
      // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
      if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
      StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
      createEditor();
      );

      else
      createEditor();

      );

      function createEditor()
      StackExchange.prepareEditor(
      heartbeatType: 'answer',
      autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
      convertImagesToLinks: true,
      noModals: true,
      showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
      reputationToPostImages: 10,
      bindNavPrevention: true,
      postfix: "",
      imageUploader:
      brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
      contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
      allowUrls: true
      ,
      onDemand: true,
      discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
      ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
      );



      );













      draft saved

      draft discarded


















      StackExchange.ready(
      function ()
      StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55379033%2fhow-do-i-get-pip-working-directory-from-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

      );

      Post as a guest















      Required, but never shown

























      3 Answers
      3






      active

      oldest

      votes








      3 Answers
      3






      active

      oldest

      votes









      active

      oldest

      votes






      active

      oldest

      votes









      1














      pip --version


      This will give complete path of pip install






      share|improve this answer

























      • Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

        – Nicolas Fonteyne
        Mar 27 at 14:59















      1














      pip --version


      This will give complete path of pip install






      share|improve this answer

























      • Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

        – Nicolas Fonteyne
        Mar 27 at 14:59













      1












      1








      1







      pip --version


      This will give complete path of pip install






      share|improve this answer













      pip --version


      This will give complete path of pip install







      share|improve this answer












      share|improve this answer



      share|improve this answer










      answered Mar 27 at 14:07









      ksholla20ksholla20

      1271 gold badge1 silver badge7 bronze badges




      1271 gold badge1 silver badge7 bronze badges















      • Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

        – Nicolas Fonteyne
        Mar 27 at 14:59

















      • Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

        – Nicolas Fonteyne
        Mar 27 at 14:59
















      Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

      – Nicolas Fonteyne
      Mar 27 at 14:59





      Thank you ksholla20! That's exactly what I needed. Actually, I've just noticed that I can also specify the python pip version I want to use, by doing "pip3.5", for example.

      – Nicolas Fonteyne
      Mar 27 at 14:59













      0














      I am not sure if I understand the question correctly, but sorry if I am wrong! If you are on Window, when installing Python, make sure to check this box(Add Python version to PATH) otherwise you will have to do it manually or probably use something like this.



      python -m pip command option


      enter image description here



      If you have Python added to your PATH.



      You can do from command line(for example).



      pip install packagename





      share|improve this answer





























        0














        I am not sure if I understand the question correctly, but sorry if I am wrong! If you are on Window, when installing Python, make sure to check this box(Add Python version to PATH) otherwise you will have to do it manually or probably use something like this.



        python -m pip command option


        enter image description here



        If you have Python added to your PATH.



        You can do from command line(for example).



        pip install packagename





        share|improve this answer



























          0












          0








          0







          I am not sure if I understand the question correctly, but sorry if I am wrong! If you are on Window, when installing Python, make sure to check this box(Add Python version to PATH) otherwise you will have to do it manually or probably use something like this.



          python -m pip command option


          enter image description here



          If you have Python added to your PATH.



          You can do from command line(for example).



          pip install packagename





          share|improve this answer













          I am not sure if I understand the question correctly, but sorry if I am wrong! If you are on Window, when installing Python, make sure to check this box(Add Python version to PATH) otherwise you will have to do it manually or probably use something like this.



          python -m pip command option


          enter image description here



          If you have Python added to your PATH.



          You can do from command line(for example).



          pip install packagename






          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Mar 27 at 14:14









          Tigran FahradyanTigran Fahradyan

          1432 silver badges8 bronze badges




          1432 silver badges8 bronze badges
























              0














              python has a -m module option,



              $ python --help | grep -- -m
              usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
              -m mod : run library module as a script (terminates option list)


              So one can use it like,



              $ python -m pip install requests


              And it will make sure, you are using the correct pip for the python you are running.



              ( venv ) $ python -m pip --version
              pip 19.0.3 from /home/telaverge/python/tty/tias/a/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)
              ( venv ) $ deactivate
              $ python -m pip --version
              pip 9.0.3 from /home/telaverge/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)
              $ python3 -m pip --version
              pip 9.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (python 3.6)


              Under windows, i think it is,



              py -m pip





              share|improve this answer































                0














                python has a -m module option,



                $ python --help | grep -- -m
                usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
                -m mod : run library module as a script (terminates option list)


                So one can use it like,



                $ python -m pip install requests


                And it will make sure, you are using the correct pip for the python you are running.



                ( venv ) $ python -m pip --version
                pip 19.0.3 from /home/telaverge/python/tty/tias/a/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)
                ( venv ) $ deactivate
                $ python -m pip --version
                pip 9.0.3 from /home/telaverge/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)
                $ python3 -m pip --version
                pip 9.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (python 3.6)


                Under windows, i think it is,



                py -m pip





                share|improve this answer





























                  0












                  0








                  0







                  python has a -m module option,



                  $ python --help | grep -- -m
                  usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
                  -m mod : run library module as a script (terminates option list)


                  So one can use it like,



                  $ python -m pip install requests


                  And it will make sure, you are using the correct pip for the python you are running.



                  ( venv ) $ python -m pip --version
                  pip 19.0.3 from /home/telaverge/python/tty/tias/a/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)
                  ( venv ) $ deactivate
                  $ python -m pip --version
                  pip 9.0.3 from /home/telaverge/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)
                  $ python3 -m pip --version
                  pip 9.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (python 3.6)


                  Under windows, i think it is,



                  py -m pip





                  share|improve this answer















                  python has a -m module option,



                  $ python --help | grep -- -m
                  usage: python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
                  -m mod : run library module as a script (terminates option list)


                  So one can use it like,



                  $ python -m pip install requests


                  And it will make sure, you are using the correct pip for the python you are running.



                  ( venv ) $ python -m pip --version
                  pip 19.0.3 from /home/telaverge/python/tty/tias/a/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)
                  ( venv ) $ deactivate
                  $ python -m pip --version
                  pip 9.0.3 from /home/telaverge/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages (python 2.7)
                  $ python3 -m pip --version
                  pip 9.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (python 3.6)


                  Under windows, i think it is,



                  py -m pip






                  share|improve this answer














                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer








                  edited Mar 27 at 14:20

























                  answered Mar 27 at 14:08









                  han solohan solo

                  2,1834 silver badges11 bronze badges




                  2,1834 silver badges11 bronze badges






























                      draft saved

                      draft discarded
















































                      Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                      • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                      But avoid …


                      • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                      • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                      To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                      draft saved


                      draft discarded














                      StackExchange.ready(
                      function ()
                      StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55379033%2fhow-do-i-get-pip-working-directory-from-command-line%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                      );

                      Post as a guest















                      Required, but never shown





















































                      Required, but never shown














                      Required, but never shown












                      Required, but never shown







                      Required, but never shown

































                      Required, but never shown














                      Required, but never shown












                      Required, but never shown







                      Required, but never shown







                      Popular posts from this blog

                      How to preserve electronics (computers, tablets and phones) for hundreds of years Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern) The network's official Twitter account is up and running again. What content…How might modern humans leave a message for 50,000 years?How would an aquatic race develop computers?How do we make computers care for human life?Keeping supplies for 1000 yearsWhat will cell phones become in 100 years?What body armor protects against a laser?Could a society attain 1800s technology if limited to using copper and bronze?Electricity power (magic) and electronicsScavenging metal resources in post-apocalypse after 100 yearsWhy would precursors create devices that can survive and still work after hundreds of years?

                      155 수학 과학 기타 둘러보기 메뉴eh추가해eh문서를 완성해

                      Convert JSON to MapSimplest way to convert a string representing JSON array into Java array List of key value pairsHow to take String JSON values into HashMapConvert a JSON String to a HashMapCreating BSON object from JSON stringJSONObject - How to get a value ?Better Map ConstructorReading JSON from Url javaUpdate columns if input values are not null otherwise ignore and keep the existing values of column in databaseHow to store object represented as Json string into Couchbase Lite?Go JSON into MapHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Sort a Map<Key, Value> by valuesHow to round a number to n decimal places in JavaCan comments be used in JSON?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How can I pretty-print JSON in a shell script?What is the correct JSON content type?How can I deserialize JSON to a simple Dictionary<string,string> in ASP.NET?Why does Google prepend while(1); to their JSON responses?Parse JSON in JavaScript?